The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2019 9:09 am  #1


Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

I will be tipping back a couple of Bavarian Weissbiers (Weihenstephaner is the best available locally IMO)...

Beer?
Mixed Drinks?
Sodas?
Etc?

Happy New Year's Eve!

 

12/31/2019 9:17 am  #2


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Depends on hungover I am, very well could just be water.

 

12/31/2019 9:23 am  #3


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

I might wait till the 2nd half and crack open a beer. I like some heavier beers, but being earlier I might opt for a nice Czech Pilsner. Block 15 makes a really good one. Enjoy your Weissbier, a real German classic. 

Happy New Year's Eve to you and Go Ducks!

 

12/31/2019 9:26 am  #4


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Going to have to stick to non-alcoholic for me. You will appreciate that. The world is a safer place when I am not drinking.

 

12/31/2019 9:36 am  #5


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Log haulin wrote:

Going to have to stick to non-alcoholic for me. You will appreciate that. The world is a safer place when I am not drinking.

That's a very commendable decision. On that note all of us that might indulge should not be driving or overdue it. I don't think anybody ever regretted keeping it to one or not drinking at all when they wake up the next morning. 

 

12/31/2019 9:46 am  #6


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

As far as drinking goes, I probably will stick with soda or water.  When the game is over, I'll crack open a McMenamins Hammerhead, celebrating a Duck victory...or crying in my beer if they lose!

 

12/31/2019 10:09 am  #7


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Like others, my hard drinking days are over. I like to joke about my friends Haig and Haig, Jack Daniels, etc: but for me a couple of beers will have to do. I found a beer called Everybodys beer, out of Washington. I have a 6 pack right now, so it'll be that.

 

12/31/2019 10:13 am  #8


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

oldretiredguy wrote:

Like others, my hard drinking days are over. I like to joke about my friends Haig and Haig, Jack Daniels, etc: but for me a couple of beers will have to do. I found a beer called Everybodys beer, out of Washington. I have a 6 pack right now, so it'll be that.

That's a good one. If you're ever in the Gorge check out their place in White Salmon. It's really nice with good service. I went there to see a Blues band I'm familiar with a while back. 

 

12/31/2019 10:15 am  #9


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Admin wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Like others, my hard drinking days are over. I like to joke about my friends Haig and Haig, Jack Daniels, etc: but for me a couple of beers will have to do. I found a beer called Everybodys beer, out of Washington. I have a 6 pack right now, so it'll be that.

That's a good one. If you're ever in the Gorge check out their place in White Salmon. It's really nice with good service. I went there to see a Blues band I'm familiar with a while back. 

I'll do that. I've heard from others it's a cool place.

 

12/31/2019 10:26 am  #10


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

That's an executive decision best left until tomorrow.  

 

12/31/2019 10:27 am  #11


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Log haulin wrote:

Going to have to stick to non-alcoholic for me. You will appreciate that. The world is a safer place when I am not drinking.

Amen to that LH.  Same for myself.  Did enough drinking in my early 20’s to justify a lifetime.  I might eat a small homemade edible just to enhance the viewing experience .

 

12/31/2019 10:29 am  #12


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Pete wrote:

That's an executive decision best left until tomorrow.  

The wife... I get it.

 

12/31/2019 10:31 am  #13


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

threerottonbranches wrote:

Log haulin wrote:

Going to have to stick to non-alcoholic for me. You will appreciate that. The world is a safer place when I am not drinking.

Amen to that LH.  Same for myself.  Did enough drinking in my early 20’s to justify a lifetime.  I might eat a small homemade edible just to enhance the viewing experience .

If it wasn't for my CDL...

 

12/31/2019 10:40 am  #14


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

oldretiredguy wrote:

Like others, my hard drinking days are over. I like to joke about my friends Haig and Haig, Jack Daniels, etc: but for me a couple of beers will have to do. I found a beer called Everybodys beer, out of Washington. I have a 6 pack right now, so it'll be that.

My sister-in-law and her boyfriend lived in White Salmon for awhile.  My wife and I drove from Portland to visit, and have had a few lunches at Everybody's.  The food was good, the beer ok, but the view of Mt. Hood sitting on the deck was fantastic.

 

12/31/2019 10:50 am  #15


Re: Whatcha Drinking Tomorrow for the Game?

Got a 6 pack of The Brewed Abides from Pelican brewery, going to split it between New year's Eve tonight and the game tomorrow.

 

Board footera