The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2020 3:23 pm  #1


Honestly, I thought Oregon would have scored higher!

I applaud the reaseach done for this article. Besides so much hype on first round picks, other drafting numbers get pushed to the side. 

As the article notes, these are draft selections ONLY in Rounds 1-3 for the past 10-years. Not just 3-star recruits drafted but 3-star recruits drafted in Rounds 1-3 only. NOTE: The list at the end is COMPREHENSIVE so it takes a minute to scroll down to the Pac-12.

When I read the headline I immediately knew Mariota and Herbert would be on the list(for 1st round pick) but I was not expecting Kyle Long to be the ONLY other 3-star Duck player to be a first-round pick in the last 10-years. Yet when I thought about it...this time frame covers 4 Oregon head coaches(Kelly, Helfrich, Taggart and Cristobal) and Helfrich's slide into disrepair definitely hurt Oregon in the context of this article.

What is not a surprise is Oregon has done better than osu. GO DUCKS!

https://sports.yahoo.com/which-college-football-programs-develop-the-most-3-star-recruits-into-top-nfl-draft-picks-125011523.html

 

Board footera