The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2020 9:07 am  #1


Media reactions to Pac-12 players demands

I appreciate "reasoned reactions" to "emotional reactions" and I found the Sports Illustrated article along with Canzano's column to be the former.

"Let's talk and listen" is better than "You already have a scholarship and it is a privilege..."

When I was at the UO(did not compete on a sports team) I thought I had a lot of solutions to problems. Only when I transitioned to the real world did I realize how flawed my ideas had been.

Lest we forget, these are college kids. Let them use the moment to stand up for what they believe in. Penei Sewell and Jevon Holland don't owe me anything. I appreciate what they and their Oregon teammates have done for the program, so if they see areas for improvement from their positions as participants, let them voice those solutions.

I remember the negativity from all around the country when Chip Kelly dared to have the Ducks wear different uniforms each game. You know who liked it? THE PLAYERS both on the team and being recruited.

Personally I don't believe there will be a boycott and the economic reality of some of their ideas is flawed as Canzano notes, but we have seen plenty of "flawed ideas" these past few months from all across the leadership spectrum in our country.

I am inspired to see players from around the Pac-12, some who will be playing on Sunday in the future, make an effort to do something NOW when the far easier route would be to do nothing. Go Ducks! Go Pac-12!

https://es.pn/3jY3dhT

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/john_canzano/2020/08/canzano-pac-12-player-boycott-hits-the-target-but-also-misses-the-mark.html

 

Board footera