The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2020 1:05 pm  #1


Oregon playing for PAC championship

1 point underdogs

 

12/14/2020 1:21 pm  #2


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

Im looking at at least 3 td loss--Hope Im wrong.

     •Thread Starter
 

12/14/2020 1:26 pm  #3


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

radar1 wrote:

Im looking at at least 3 td loss--Hope Im wrong.

I'm not betting the farm on a win, but I would think a 3 touchdown loss would be to worst case scenario. The defense was looking better the last game and the offense has looked good at time. If the both show up we certainly could win. 

 

12/14/2020 1:34 pm  #4


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

radar1 wrote:

Shough is awful -the play calling is awful-the D only plays every other play--Im out for this year, Oregon is terrible. — 12/05/2020 9:37 pm

I thought you were out for this year, radar1.

Last edited by KONA808 (12/14/2020 1:36 pm)

 

12/14/2020 1:37 pm  #5


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

Phil wrote:

radar1 wrote:

Im looking at at least 3 td loss--Hope Im wrong.

I'm not betting the farm on a win, but I would think a 3 touchdown loss would be to worst case scenario. The defense was looking better the last game and the offense has looked good at time. If the both show up we certainly could win. 

Like I say I hope Im wrong but being shut out the last half against the Beavers, the performance against Cal and the fact that we've only been able to put together 2 quarters of a game has me very worried. USC has shown it plays hard at least 3 quarters and can come back from being down.

     •Thread Starter
 

12/14/2020 5:20 pm  #6


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

I am just glad Oregon has an opportunity to defend its championship.

1) The D is going to need to take some chances...no way they can sit back and let Slovis pass the ball around.

2) I think to win to the game the O will need to outscore USC rather than hoping our D stops them.

3) In the last 3 games(UCLA, osu and Cal), Oregon has scored 65 first-half points and 28 second-half points. In 3 of those 6 second-half quarters Oregon was shut out(1 against UCLA and 2 against Cal).

Any similar performance against USC WILL NOT win the game. I really don't care how it happens but the trifecta of Moorhead, Shough and "Verdell up the middle" has to try a different approach.

 

12/14/2020 6:07 pm  #7


Re: Oregon playing for PAC championship

DucksReign wrote:

I am just glad Oregon has an opportunity to defend its championship.

1) The D is going to need to take some chances...no way they can sit back and let Slovis pass the ball around.

2) I think to win to the game the O will need to outscore USC rather than hoping our D stops them.

3) In the last 3 games(UCLA, osu and Cal), Oregon has scored 65 first-half points and 28 second-half points. In 3 of those 6 second-half quarters Oregon was shut out(1 against UCLA and 2 against Cal).

Any similar performance against USC WILL NOT win the game. I really don't care how it happens but the trifecta of Moorhead, Shough and "Verdell up the middle" has to try a different approach.

Yeah, nothing to hold back for here...try and get the O back to playing loose: take some deep shots...I'd like to see Shough run only out of the read option set. Blasts up the middle need to be set up by stretching the D...on D, we have to commit to getting some pressure on Slovis, whatever it takes. Sounds like Malapei can't go, but they still have a good ground game...make em work for it. I'm really hoping we leave it all out on the field. 

 

Board footera