The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2021 12:45 pm  #181


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

Phil wrote:

This is just the boost the PAC needed. Definitely the biggest game for the conference this year

Hey Phil! What a day. Brown isn't very efficient, but he is a gamer. I think we are in for a big year!

 

9/11/2021 12:46 pm  #182


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

oldretiredguy wrote:

PDX to JAX wrote:

I am elated! Damn, I didn't know how much I needed that. Loved Mario's interview after the game...love you boys...love Oregon...love the UO. Will be chomping turkey in Pendleton in November. Go Ducks!

Totally with ya on that one. I am sky high right now. Just a very solid performance. It's a Beautiful day

 

Indeed it is!

 

9/11/2021 12:55 pm  #183


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

PDX to JAX wrote:

KONA808 wrote:

Phil wrote:


I owe you beer!

🤙🏽🍻

I picked em also. Classy Mario gave mad credit to Fresno, which was warranted. Cheers, Kona!

Cheers, PtJ! And to you all! 🍻

 

9/11/2021 1:01 pm  #184


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

We win in one of the most hostile stadiums for opposing teams in America. So good! Be well, everyone. See you all next week...

 

9/11/2021 1:23 pm  #185


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

PDX to JAX wrote:

DuckInTheMountains wrote:

Phil wrote:

This is just the boost the PAC needed. Definitely the biggest game for the conference this year

Well, it looks that way but Colorado is looking dominant against aTm so far.  I'd say CU knocking off the #5 team would be a huge game for the conference, too! 

But this was on the road at #3, so a great, great win.  I'm not really sure OSU is good for a #3 ranking, though.  Very impressed by Stroud and their passing game but their running game certainly isn't top 3 quality, and their defense just isn't that good yet.  They might be very, very good by the end of the year but not yet.

I wonder if we jump into the top five in the AP? Bama, UGa, then UO?

Cincy, Notre Dame, aTm, none have looked impressive.  Oklahoma isn't going to win much credibility even if they crush WVU, since they lost to Eastern Kentucky.  I'm guessing we'll be fourth, behind Bama, UGa, and Clemson.  I'm guessing there will be some voters who put Ohio State above us, because.  Some will put Oklahoma ahead of us, too.  But I think we'll definitely be top 5 and we should be 3 or 4. 

In the eyes of the committee right now we'd be fourth at worst.  Only Georgia has arguably a better win, and that was a home game.

 

9/11/2021 1:48 pm  #186


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

DuckInTheMountains wrote:

PDX to JAX wrote:

DuckInTheMountains wrote:


Well, it looks that way but Colorado is looking dominant against aTm so far.  I'd say CU knocking off the #5 team would be a huge game for the conference, too! 

But this was on the road at #3, so a great, great win.  I'm not really sure OSU is good for a #3 ranking, though.  Very impressed by Stroud and their passing game but their running game certainly isn't top 3 quality, and their defense just isn't that good yet.  They might be very, very good by the end of the year but not yet.

I wonder if we jump into the top five in the AP? Bama, UGa, then UO?

Cincy, Notre Dame, aTm, none have looked impressive.  Oklahoma isn't going to win much credibility even if they crush WVU, since they lost to Eastern Kentucky.  I'm guessing we'll be fourth, behind Bama, UGa, and Clemson.  I'm guessing there will be some voters who put Ohio State above us, because.  Some will put Oklahoma ahead of us, too.  But I think we'll definitely be top 5 and we should be 3 or 4. 

In the eyes of the committee right now we'd be fourth at worst.  Only Georgia has arguably a better win, and that was a home game.

Right now, with Oregon beating a respected Fresno, and now tOSU, I'd say we have more quality wins than anyone else right now.
 

 

9/11/2021 2:13 pm  #187


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

Woot!!!!!!!!!!

 

9/11/2021 2:50 pm  #188


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

Just wanted to let you all know that the postgame gin tastes great…

 

9/11/2021 4:11 pm  #189


Re: Ohio State Game Chat

oldretiredguy wrote:

Right now, with Oregon beating a respected Fresno, and now tOSU, I'd say we have more quality wins than anyone else right now.
 

Probably true.  Of course, we still don't know what is or isn't a quality win, everything is still reputation right now.  

Based on reputation, I think there's one team that might have an argument.  Last week, Iowa hammered Indiana, who was ranked before the game.  This week, they beat the #9 team on the road.  That's two pretty good looking wins, based on the preseason rep of the teams they beat.  But no one is going to rank Iowa first after two weeks no matter what they do.

 

Board footera