The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2021 4:40 pm  #2


Re: Moorhead Update

I hope he didn’t have a heart attack. 😢

     •Thread Starter
 

10/04/2021 6:19 pm  #3


Re: Moorhead Update

I sure hope it's not serious. It's definitely not a good sign to hear he had surgery and he's still in the hospital. 

 

10/04/2021 7:01 pm  #4


Re: Moorhead Update

Phil wrote:

I sure hope it's not serious. It's definitely not a good sign to hear he had surgery and he's still in the hospital. 

And it's a Bay Area hospital so whatever happened (sounds like a heart issue) it was sudden on Saturday.🙏

 

10/05/2021 5:39 am  #5


Re: Moorhead Update

Thanks for letting us know.  Very tough news.

We forget a lot of the players are only 18-20 years old.  Some of these kids have probably never experienced having someone they were close to have this kind of medical emergency.  It's hardly surprising they came out flat at the start of the game.  I remember thinking, if you can't get up for a game at Stanford, what's wrong?  Now I feel like an idiot.  Just goes to show how easy it is to criticize when you may be completely clueless as to what someone else is going through.

Friday, they had a safety who might have been on his way to an All American season break his leg, on top of all the other injuries, and Saturday they wake up to their OC hospitalized with a medical emergency.  I think they can be forgiven for feeling snake-bit and not playing their best at the start of the game.  It's commendable they put it back together in the second half, in my view.

And, I criticized the clock management, too.  It was fair criticism, clock management was very poor.  But then, maybe the coaches were a bit distracted on Saturday.  

 

10/05/2021 6:08 am  #6


Re: Moorhead Update

I'm hoping the silence is due to a desire for privacy and nothing more. By silence I don't just mean they're not providing details or even issuing a bland statement ("Joe is doing fine and the family asks for privacy at this time"), it's that no one is saying anything about it at all. No get well Tweets from players or coaches (that I've seen) or anything like that, for example.

To be clear, I'm not saying the silence means it must be serious. I just hope it's because Joe doesn't want any public attention.

     •Thread Starter
 

10/05/2021 8:38 am  #7


Re: Moorhead Update

I'll hope no word just means Hippa policies. Wishing Joe all the best.

 

Board footera