The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2024 3:19 pm  #1


Home Stretch

These last two games on the MBB schedule could mean the Ducks locking in third place or falling as far as 6th place heading into the conference tourney.  The need to sweep these schools to at least be knocking at the bubble's door with a win or two in the conference tourney to seal the deal.  Regardless, though, if the Ducks do make the tourney, they are a 12 seed or an 11 seed play-in team at best...

Thoughts??? 

 

3/05/2024 11:21 am  #2


Re: Home Stretch

we will be going to the game Thurs night. only MBB game I'll see in person this year. Buffs are playing good ball and I don't expect a UO win. bought our tics online and there weren't a lot of good 100-level seats left, so should be a good crowd.

it's been a pleasure to watch N'Faly Dante this year, and I'm glad he returned. shame that he has been limited by injuries. his competitiveness and intensity lift the rest of the team; he'll do well at the next level.

Ducks have a bright future if the young players stick around--Shelstad, Mookie, Kwame. seven Srs. on this year's roster, so Altman has slots to work with, either HS or transfer. chance to play in the B1G next year should be an attractant.

Shelstad is a talent PG, but still a F, and inconsistent. when he's playing well and running the halfcourt-O, Ducks do well. other times, like the 2nd-half of the UCLA game, everything breaks down and the team descends into one-on-one playground mode. and the results are predictably bad.

don't expect this team to make The Dance. lack of depth, lack of experience, haven't played together enough to gel as a team. 

softball conf play opens Friday night v Cal. and spring football practice isn't far behind.

 

3/09/2024 10:01 am  #3


Re: Home Stretch

I'll be attending tonight's home finale.

Apparently since the Beavs beat Utah on Thursday, the Ducks are guaranteed a top 4 seed in the conference tourney regardless of tonight's outcome. That being said, this is not an NCAA tourney team. No depth, no defense, no consistency. What a disappointing season. I was extremely high going into this season, but injuries (and I believe coaching) derailed us once again.

I was really hoping Altman would retire after this season, but he has put an end to that speculation. Oregon needs a new direction. I respect Dana but it's time for him to gracefully head for the exits. Even though there's plenty of talent for next season (par usual) I'm confident we will underachieve again for the 4th straight year. Anyway, I'll still root the boys on and hope that I am wrong about everything lol.

It's Senior night so: Thank you N'Faly Dante!!!

GO DUCKS!

 

3/10/2024 2:55 pm  #4


Re: Home Stretch

My goodness that was a gift of a win Utah gave us!

If their big guy hadn't got hurt there's no way we win that game. Also, Utah missed what seemed like their last 10 shots some of which were layups. And par usual, we have a little lead at the end of the game and Altman insists on taking the air out of the ball and directs his team to stand around waiting until the shot clock gets down to 1 second and we are forced to throw up a desperation 3 point shot, therefore actually HELPING the other team come back! It's like groundhog day, man. Fucking infuriates me. I know I'm a broken record, but I'm so done with Altman to the point where I really can't stand the dude anymore. 

 

Board footera