The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2024 1:54 pm  #1


New Court Design For Matthew Knight

https://duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/matthew-knight-arena-new-court-design/

Thanks goodness!

While the trees sound good in theory I always found the design to be pretty annoying and could never warm up to it. Good riddance assuming the new design will be better. 

 

4/21/2024 3:00 pm  #2


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Great topic for a poll.

My vote is that I hated the court.  Glad they are doing something, but holding my breath at what may come...  Wish they would recreate the court from MacCourt and keep it simple. 
 

 

4/21/2024 4:47 pm  #3


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

I agree that the floor was hideous. 

I'm excited they are changing it, but my heart sank when I heard that Tinker Hatfield will be designing this one too. I'm sure it will be some flashy weird thing which is his M.O.

I'd love just a regular floor with some green and yellow on it please.

 

6/17/2024 10:48 am  #4


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Late to the dance on this one. Never could warm up to the trees. Too distracting. I hope Tinker takes his meds before rolling this one out. 🙄

 

6/23/2024 7:13 pm  #5


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

 

6/23/2024 7:53 pm  #6


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Same, I find it a little less enjoying than the old one, which isn’t saying much. They seem to be hung up on having to have a bunch of trees on the court.

     •Thread Starter
 

6/24/2024 9:22 pm  #7


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Yeah.......

Wish we could get over the tree thing.


 

 

6/25/2024 11:53 am  #8


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

I'm In the same camp as Jiffy Jeff...a bit underwhelmed.  I would have gone for a little less green and more yellow.  But as long as they can win I don't think we'll care that much about the hardwood.

 

6/25/2024 3:11 pm  #9


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Unlike the others posting here, I like this floor. The colors pop out and the symbolism of the trees is cool,
To each their own. 

 

6/25/2024 8:22 pm  #10


Re: New Court Design For Matthew Knight

Hellhound On My Trail wrote:

Unlike the others posting here, I like this floor. The colors pop out and the symbolism of the trees is cool,
To each their own. 


 

 

Board footera