The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2024 2:08 pm  #1


Bo Knows!!

Anyone else tired of the negative s--t being posted by the so called experts about Bo Nix? Damn I'm tired of the media! No facts, all opinions. I hope he starts and shows the naysayers they were wrong. Mel Kipers is an ahole! Never liked the guy! He's been wrong on many players yet seems to think of himself as relevant. I'm blowing off steam!

Really appreciate all you guys on this forum! Ducks are looking good! Go Ducks and Bo Nix and Troy Franklin! 

 

5/02/2024 2:50 pm  #2


Re: Bo Knows!!

Florida Duck wrote:

Anyone else tired of the negative s--t being posted by the so called experts about Bo Nix? Damn I'm tired of the media! No facts, all opinions. I hope he starts and shows the naysayers they were wrong. Mel Kipers is an ahole! Never liked the guy! He's been wrong on many players yet seems to think of himself as relevant. I'm blowing off steam!

Really appreciate all you guys on this forum! Ducks are looking good! Go Ducks and Bo Nix and Troy Franklin! 

I never listen to those talking heads, most of whom never played and just need to make noise to justify their paycheck.
 

 

5/04/2024 12:09 pm  #3


Re: Bo Knows!!

“I never listen to those talking heads, most of whom never played and just need to make noise to justify their paycheck.”

You could replace “talking head” with just about any influencer, Instagrammer or TikTok’er and get the same result.  Empty hot air. Self justification for narcissists.

While I’m not a big NFL fan per se, I am a Broncos fan and pretty excited if the Bo / Troy pair gets on field time. The team needs it. Go Bo!

 

5/04/2024 1:06 pm  #4


Re: Bo Knows!!

With the internet- twitter, You Tube, etc. along with all the talking heads ESPN, CBS, and others employ, everybody is an expert and claim they know what is best for any team. 
Just go find what Sean Payton had to say after the Broncos worked Bo out. Sean knows a bit about coaching quarterbacks, I think I would trust his opinion foremost.

 

5/05/2024 7:35 am  #5


Re: Bo Knows!!

Every take by the sports media seems to have to big one way or another. For example they're already anointing Caleb Williams as the next Patrick Mahomes. The first round QB picks work out something like 44% of the time.

At least I'm hearing some positives on Bo from past players. I recently heard former WR who trains and works out with players  T. J. Houshmandzadeh defend Denver's pick. I couldn't find the recent interview that I watched, but in the clip he talked about Bo's completion percentage and what Sean Payton does being a perfect fit. Here's a short of T.J. talking Bo up from a month ago.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/BR3XvsPawFk?feature=share

I'm glad Bo's going to Denver with Sean. To be fair I'd be worried about Bo succeeding if he had to go to a bad team and was forced to make big throws. This shouldn't be the case with Denver so I certainly have an optimistic take on the matter and will be rooting for them. 
 

 

Board footera