The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2024 4:07 pm  #1


Ducks now have to file injury reports under B1G rules

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/football/oregon-ducks-football-new-injury-report-policy-amid-big-ten-conference-move-

This is the first I've heard about the stipulation.

In the past we've been resided to try to see if a questionable player is seen in uniform before the game starts. Fellow Ducks fans and journalist would be posting to Twitter on whether a questionable player was seen in uniform before the game. 

Things shouldn't really change that much I suppose. Teams shouldn't have to guess as much in prep for the game. I doubt it ever gave that much of an advantage by trying to be coy. 

Presumably the rule change was based on good merit right? Well, apparently the betting markets in the gambling industry needs to have accurate info to set the lines before games. Go figure. 

 

 

6/01/2024 7:37 am  #2


Re: Ducks now have to file injury reports under B1G rules

Phil wrote:

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/football/oregon-ducks-football-new-injury-report-policy-amid-big-ten-conference-move-

This is the first I've heard about the stipulation.

In the past we've been resided to try to see if a questionable player is seen in uniform before the game starts. Fellow Ducks fans and journalist would be posting to Twitter on whether a questionable player was seen in uniform before the game. 

Things shouldn't really change that much I suppose. Teams shouldn't have to guess as much in prep for the game. I doubt it ever gave that much of an advantage by trying to be coy. 

Presumably the rule change was based on good merit right? Well, apparently the betting markets in the gambling industry needs to have accurate info to set the lines before games. Go figure. 

 

This is driven entirely by the betting industry, which to me is just another step toward divorcing FB from the colleges. It's true Lanning and many other coaches hate to discuss injuries and availability, but until betting got involved, it wasn't that big of a deal. 
 

 

6/02/2024 7:55 pm  #3


Re: Ducks now have to file injury reports under B1G rules

Y'all be correct.  This is just about gambling.  Watch these lines shift bigly in short order before kickoff if a player like Gabriel is questionable up to game day. 

Yikes, this got dark quickly... 
 

 

6/10/2024 5:10 pm  #4


Re: Ducks now have to file injury reports under B1G rules

Personally, I'm all for it.

I really tire of the games and lies coaches contort themselves into to conceal injuries.

Chip was the worst. Just basically a bald-faced liar right into the camera and all of our faces.

I think the NFL model is the right one. I hate being bullshitted.
 

 

Board footera