The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2024 7:37 am  #1


The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

Well, we finally made it to the start of new season and a new era in the B1G. 

First, as of right now the Comcast/Xfinity blackout hasn't been resolved yet. Is anyone going to miss the game today because of this? If anyone has questions or needs help with finding a free trial for a streaming site, send me a message. I've been a cord cutter for a long time and make use of free streaming trials. 

It's the first game and I'm excited, however this is a bit of a warm up game. The question is just how much are the Ducks going to win by today. 

How will local Oregonian center and walk on Charlie Pickard will do today getting the nod due to injury? I couldn't think of a better game to come in on. 

Will DG look like a leading Heisman candidate he's billed as?

Assuming the Ducks can take care of business early you'd sure expect the backups to come in. How is Donte Moore going to look? I've heard Austin was doing well in camp so it would be interesting to see him get in. 

I originally thought the Ducks schedule was real tough. After taking a second look the Ducks only face to current ranked teams in Michigan and Ohio State. 

The Ducks have the talent and expected to be one of the best offenses in college football. I'm excited and cautiously optimistic for the season. 

Go Ducks!!! 

 

8/31/2024 8:33 am  #2


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

I’m staying home to watch the game in air conditioned comfort. I’m excited too! Hope we get to see a lot of back-ups. 4:30 can’t come soon enough.


Jumping ahead to next week: someone in Game Day predicted Boise St. would make the playoffs. Hadn’t given that game much thought before that. Bad flashbacks. Go Georgia Southern!

 

8/31/2024 9:48 am  #3


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

I was a Comcast customer for over 20 years before I finally dumped cable.  I still have Comcast internet.  I then had Sling TV for five years and parted ways with them this summer.  Just a couple of days ago I signed up for YouTube TV.  It's great.  I have access to almost all football games.  I won't be able to watch the Ducks play Boise St. as that's on the Peacock Network.  With YouTube, the first two days were a free trial then $53 a month for four months.  After that It's $73 per month.  I was paying Sling $70 a month and did not have access to ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC.  YouTube offers multi-view, where you can see four games at the same time. It also offers 4K streaming for another $5 per month.  That's my two cents worth.  Go Ducks!

 

8/31/2024 9:52 am  #4


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

bedupivi wrote:

I was a Comcast customer for over 20 years before I finally dumped cable.  I still have Comcast internet.  I then had Sling TV for five years and parted ways with them this summer.  Just a couple of days ago I signed up for YouTube TV.  It's great.  I have access to almost all football games.  I won't be able to watch the Ducks play Boise St. as that's on the Peacock Network.  With YouTube, the first two days were a free trial then $53 a month for four months.  After that It's $73 per month.  I was paying Sling $70 a month and did not have access to ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC.  YouTube offers multi-view, where you can see four games at the same time. It also offers 4K streaming for another $5 per month.  That's my two cents worth.  Go Ducks!

That's what I did as well. Charter was getting way too expensive. I got Youtube TV and couldn't be happier. Even if I keep it after the promotion expires it will still be cheaper than Charter.
 

 

8/31/2024 11:04 am  #5


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

WoodburnDuck wrote:

I’m staying home to watch the game in air conditioned comfort. I’m excited too! Hope we get to see a lot of back-ups. 4:30 can’t come soon enough.


Jumping ahead to next week: someone in Game Day predicted Boise St. would make the playoffs. Hadn’t given that game much thought before that. Bad flashbacks. Go Georgia Southern!

Hi WD!

Good point about next week. When the schedule first came out I didn't realize Boise St. was on the upswing as they've been down the past few years. Some are saying they have one of the best running backs in the country. The season really starts next week and the Ducks better not be sleeping or looking ahead to conference play. 

     •Thread Starter
 

8/31/2024 11:13 am  #6


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

I've never had a problem with the free Fubo trials. Here's the link for anyone who's interested. https://www.fubo.tv/welcome

Hulu with the live TV option has a 3 day free trial which includes the B1G network https://www.hulu.com/network/big-ten-network-fbac21c4-91c0-4c0b-b58f-f9e803bffbed

You can always use the internet to listen to the free broadcast as well at 1080 The Fan https://www.audacy.com/stations/1080thefan

Seeing how not everyone will be watching I might weight until next week to put up a game chat unless someone else is interested? 

     •Thread Starter
 

8/31/2024 1:41 pm  #7


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

bedupivi wrote:

I was a Comcast customer for over 20 years before I finally dumped cable.  I still have Comcast internet.  I then had Sling TV for five years and parted ways with them this summer.  Just a couple of days ago I signed up for YouTube TV.  It's great.  I have access to almost all football games.  I won't be able to watch the Ducks play Boise St. as that's on the Peacock Network.  With YouTube, the first two days were a free trial then $53 a month for four months.  After that It's $73 per month.  I was paying Sling $70 a month and did not have access to ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC.  YouTube offers multi-view, where you can see four games at the same time. It also offers 4K streaming for another $5 per month.  That's my two cents worth.  Go Ducks!

I've had YouTube TV now for 3 years or so...local carrier here was Spectrum. Got rid of them in a hurry as there were rate increases every 3 months. 

I do have the BIG 10 included in the regular package. I advise all to check out YouTube TV as it is the best bang for the buck. Includes NetFlix and a whole bunch of other good channels. 

Look forward to watching the game tonight and GO DUCKS!! 

 

8/31/2024 1:42 pm  #8


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

Game chat or not I’m fired up, will be watching (via Sling B1G) and texting back and forth with my Duck buddy in Seaside.

GO DUCKS !!

🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈

 

8/31/2024 3:11 pm  #9


Re: The Ducks B1G Era Begins Today

DurangoDuck wrote:

Game chat or not I’m fired up, will be watching (via Sling B1G) and texting back and forth with my Duck buddy in Seaside.

GO DUCKS !!

🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈 🦆 🏈

Hi DurangoDuck!

I just threw up a game chat. I'm not sure it will be super active today, but I'm aiming for a big chat next week.

Copy the sites URL and send it to your buddy and have him join in. I need to send this link out to a couple of Ducks fans and a graduate that are in a brewers club I'm in. Hopefully we can get some new folks to our site. 

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera