The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2019 11:17 am  #16


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Pete wrote:

I was often surprised when my posts were deleted and felt like I was being censored for no reason.  I don't recall ever getting out-of-pocket and was pretty well behaved and sometimes wondered if it was easier for the moderator(s) to eliminate an entire section.

I always hated when they would scrub a whole conversation out of a thread.  Lost some of my best comments that way. 😁

 

12/30/2019 4:41 pm  #17


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Uncle Moron wrote:

Pete wrote:

I was often surprised when my posts were deleted and felt like I was being censored for no reason.  I don't recall ever getting out-of-pocket and was pretty well behaved and sometimes wondered if it was easier for the moderator(s) to eliminate an entire section.

I always hated when they would scrub a whole conversation out of a thread. Lost some of my best comments that way. 😁

I suspect some of the best and most profound things many of us wrote on OLive were deleted.

 

12/31/2019 5:33 am  #18


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Pete wrote:

Uncle Moron wrote:

Pete wrote:

I was often surprised when my posts were deleted and felt like I was being censored for no reason.  I don't recall ever getting out-of-pocket and was pretty well behaved and sometimes wondered if it was easier for the moderator(s) to eliminate an entire section.

I always hated when they would scrub a whole conversation out of a thread. Lost some of my best comments that way. 😁

I suspect some of the best and most profound things many of us wrote on OLive were deleted.

I lost some good ones, mostly directed at, you know who

thanks for setting this up, Pete


☘️🦆
 

12/31/2019 8:11 am  #19


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Bigg O DuckFan wrote:

Pete wrote:

Uncle Moron wrote:


I always hated when they would scrub a whole conversation out of a thread. Lost some of my best comments that way. 😁

I suspect some of the best and most profound things many of us wrote on OLive were deleted.

I lost some good ones, mostly directed at, you know who

thanks for setting this up, Pete

Thanks for the praise, Bigg O Duck Fan.  But, I don't deserve it.  Phil started this.  And, look!  We have a Rose Bowl countdown clock, green and yellow colors, and some of my favorite OLive commenters.  Unfortunately, no Goe!
 

 

12/31/2019 9:43 am  #20


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Pete wrote:

Bigg O DuckFan wrote:

Pete wrote:


I suspect some of the best and most profound things many of us wrote on OLive were deleted.

I lost some good ones, mostly directed at, you know who

thanks for setting this up, Pete

Thanks for the praise, Bigg O Duck Fan.  But, I don't deserve it.  Phil started this.  And, look!  We have a Rose Bowl countdown clock, green and yellow colors, and some of my favorite OLive commenters.  Unfortunately, no Goe!
 

The mobile version is pretty basic. I clicked on desktop mode and it's much better. I will miss Goe as well. I will be boycotting Olive soon. Not so much a boycott, more my own stubbornness to not support something I disagree with. Disappointed in their decision. The comment count over there, 1 day before the Rose Bowl, says I am not alone.

 

12/31/2019 9:48 am  #21


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Never understood the reasoning behind some of the comments that were disabled.  And at times was shocked at what wasn’t disabled.  Never made sense.  

 

12/31/2019 10:14 am  #22


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Log haulin wrote:

Pete wrote:

Bigg O DuckFan wrote:


I lost some good ones, mostly directed at, you know who

thanks for setting this up, Pete

Thanks for the praise, Bigg O Duck Fan.  But, I don't deserve it.  Phil started this.  And, look!  We have a Rose Bowl countdown clock, green and yellow colors, and some of my favorite OLive commenters.  Unfortunately, no Goe!
 

The mobile version is pretty basic. I clicked on desktop mode and it's much better. I will miss Goe as well. I will be boycotting Olive soon. Not so much a boycott, more my own stubbornness to not support something I disagree with. Disappointed in their decision. The comment count over there, 1 day before the Rose Bowl, says I am not alone.

I'll have no reason to click on them, other than maybe a quick scan. I'll never write a letter: doubt it would get published. I think it's a lousy decision. I realize they don't owe us a platform, but there was a nice community of locals, and I'll miss that.

 

1/01/2020 11:12 pm  #23


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

I'm sure not going to miss the troll, known by 1000 screen names, or being able to call a troll a troll without having my comment deleted.

 

1/02/2020 3:21 am  #24


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Mission Accomplished wrote:

I'm sure not going to miss the troll, known by 1000 screen names, or being able to call a troll a troll without having my comment deleted.

It is nice to be treated like an adult.

 

1/02/2020 7:55 am  #25


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

Log haulin wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Hey LQD. I'm still trying to figure out how to hit quote...I don't see where I'm supposed to answer...computer dummy as always
Gotta head to Salem to deliver a guy some tires. I'm glad Phil did this...gonna be fun.

hit quote and type under the original comment.

Just testing, works!!  I'm with ORG when it comes to computers.....

 

1/02/2020 8:12 am  #26


Re: Things I won’t miss about o-live boards

NormVanBrocklin wrote:

Log haulin wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Hey LQD. I'm still trying to figure out how to hit quote...I don't see where I'm supposed to answer...computer dummy as always
Gotta head to Salem to deliver a guy some tires. I'm glad Phil did this...gonna be fun.

hit quote and type under the original comment.

Just testing, works!! I'm with ORG when it comes to computers.....

Glad ya made it, Norm.

 

Board footera