Offline
I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
Not a lot going on the Ducks front. I hadn't been following the Michigan job search I was really surprised to see Kyle Whittingham leave for Michigan. I get why Michigan wanted him, perhaps I was a little naive in that he seemed like one of those beloved program coaches that was content in program that wasn't a blue blood. I felt the same way about Matt Cambell and thought he was content to stay at Iowa State. I feel really fortunate that Oregon no longer seems to be a stepping stone.
I'm sure everyone saw the good news that Jordan Davison is supposed to be a go. It was a pleasantly surprising announcement for 1 that he what carted off and couldn't put weight on one leg and for another that Dan would make the announcement.
Lots of gripes about the college playoff format and seeding going around. Like Dan said the Ducks probably should be going to Lubbock to play and thank goodness they aren't. Of course I'm expecting Ducks fans to be outnumbered in Miami.
Besides the top seeds not getting a home game to start after a long break I agree with the theory that the college playoffs should be an every weekend event and not have these long award gaps. I'll leave the rest of my gripes for another time.
*edit* I forgot to mention that I was pleasenlty surprised to see such a good Bowl Game in Cal versus Hawaiw. The players were going all out in a close game and the fans were into as well. I was glad to see Hawia make the comback in front of the home crowd. It made me reavaluate my prievus take that Bowl Games should be a thing of the past.
What's on your mind as the next matchup starts to get closer?
Go Ducks!
Last edited by Phil (12/26/2025 12:29 pm)
Offline
Besides being surprised about Kyle leaving I'm now seeing he was retiring with a number of people speculating that he was being forced out. That all seemed real surprising that he'd be forced out.
Offline
Phil wrote:
Besides being surprised about Kyle leaving I'm now seeing he was retiring with a number of people speculating that he was being forced out. That all seemed real surprising that he'd be forced out.
Always thought Kyle was a class act and he gave the Ducks fits when Utah was in the PAC. My Michigan alumni buddies are giddy about the hire. He'll definitely bring Michigan back as a powerhouse in the BIG.
I have listened to a lot of talking heads about the Ducks game Thursday. My personal thoughts are TT has only played teams in the BIG12 so it is hard to gauge how they will do against the Ducks. Both teams have awesome resumes but I still think the Ducks will prevail. The key to this game is to stop their running game and put pressure on their quarterback as he does not have the arm of Dante. Should be a good one.
Happy New Year!! GO DUCKS!
Offline

The game will be close. TTU with a long layoff and travel, Ducks with a long trip and a fairly close matchup in terms of roster build. Think the Ducks are just deeper with players and if the Duck lines can rotate and wear out the TTU starters, then the Ducks pull away by the end of the third quarter.
I do not know what happened at Utah where KW "retires" and then is snatched up by Michigan in short order. Lot more to the story there... That said, I think KW is a stopgap coach at UM while they look for their next guy. He can clean house, right the ship and as we all know he can coach them up and maintain the program standards. Think a guy like Dilly at ASU will be on the move sooner rather than later (begging AZ transplants for cash???) as he won't be winning without a better NIL income...