The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2026 3:46 pm  #1


Closing Shop in 4 Weeks, at least on here

That’s right, it looks like we’ve reached the end of the road on here, at least I think. I don’t want to be like a mattress store or an Eagles/Cher tour only to turn around for another run, but let’s at least look at a few options. 

The Boardhost site has stopped offering free accounts because of declining ad revenue. This isn’t surprising and is understandable, considering nobody is going to pay for the site's bandwidth on their dime. Personally, I’m not looking to pay monthly to keep the site going. I was talking with OldRetiredGuy last year about making the last season our farewell tour on this site at least. 

I’ve really enjoyed reading and interacting with fellow Ducks fans on here. The knowledgeable fan base, in-depth and well-written posts, along with likable personalities have made for a great experience. I sincerely thank all of you, especially the folks still around and also our past members. This site was created on short notice to finish off the 2019 season and have a game chat for the Rose Bowl that year. I never thought the site would last this long.

We have another 29 days on here, which should give us plenty of time to figure out options;

1. We keep things going on this site for a few more weeks and start a new site. One that is free and with more updated features. There could be an added benefit of being able to attract new users. 

2. If somebody else on here really wants to finish at least this season out on here and wants to foot the $16.00 a month, I’m open to that. 

3. If there’s no interest in trying to resurrect a different site and people are happy with other options, please do share what’s good out there? Personally, the excessive moderation, including not even being able to write in paragraphs on FishDuck has always kept be from even bothering to sign up. Reddit r/ducks has some okay article posts and occasional good posts, but just a lot more social media-type posts like the new jerseys for the week. DucksAttack is old school like ours, but is cluttered with all of these separate threads that is rather unappealing. I’m not into social media sites so much, which I think was an important reason for our site here. Being a cheapskate I rather not pay, but I’d like to hear thoughts on sites like ScoopDuck, etc. 

4. Anybody who personally, or has a friend, interested in starting a site now is a great time!  I’m happy to just be a member or mod or something for that matter. As I said above, none of the current sites that I’m familiar with are all that appealing. 

Thanks for listening, and sorry to break the news. I’m all ears for any thoughts and suggestions on how to move forward or simply just move on. Post here, and if you're one of the old members who still checks in without logging in you can email at oliveducks@tutanota.com. 

Let's go out with a bang on this site, as I'll be posting about the upcoming USC game. Go Ducks!!!

 

9/25/2026 3:37 pm  #2


Re: Closing Shop in 4 Weeks, at least on here

You did a great job of giving us refugees a place to hang; seems like so many factors contributed to losing people. I've been MIA for several reasons, but I'd be open to trying to see if we could keep a core group together. 
 We gotta come out strong against the condom$...I'll try and join in the gamer. Thanx for everything Phil!!!

 

9/27/2026 8:38 pm  #3


Re: Closing Shop in 4 Weeks, at least on here

Thanks for that message board game plan, Phil.
Yep, it went well beyond it's original lifespan.
If the Oregonian hadn't dropped its popular comment section Jan 1 2020 the Duck fun would have continued even with the hideous Luther troll infecting the UO comment discusions.
Thanks for the memories and whatever will be, will be, going forward.
Will log in a little in October to see if you have any more info.
Oh well

 

9/28/2026 12:18 pm  #4


Re: Closing Shop in 4 Weeks, at least on here

I've enjoyed chiming in here and there as I have been able to, thank you for hosting and keeping this running since the OLive comment section dropped the feature.  If I remember, there was an edge rusher from "Standford" that chimed in on regular basis...  

 

Board footera