The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2026 6:45 pm  #1


Something Positive for a Change

I haven't heard UCLA's coach talk much before. He seems like a solid guy like Dan. Of course I'll be rooting for the Ducks to win big against them. From there out though I'll be rooting for UCLA. At least LA has one respectable team. 



 

 

Yesterday 10:26 am  #2


Re: Something Positive for a Change

nice change from the coverage coming from the provincials at the Beavgonian.

I'm enjoying rereading Huckleberry Oram and the Letters to the Editor published after the Portland State game, criticizing Lanning for putting Dylan Raiola into the game Q3 and having him run the offense aggressively (11-11, 124 yards, 3 TDs). I mean, why would you do that?
 

 

Yesterday 1:26 pm  #3


Re: Something Positive for a Change

OldMacManaic wrote:

nice change from the coverage coming from the provincials at the Beavgonian.

I'm enjoying rereading Huckleberry Oram and the Letters to the Editor published after the Portland State game, criticizing Lanning for putting Dylan Raiola into the game Q3 and having him run the offense aggressively (11-11, 124 yards, 3 TDs). I mean, why would you do that?
 

 
100%.,

Portland State's coach wasn't offended the least bit. And like you say, Dylan needed those reps. I don't get the point of putting in a backup quarterback to do handoffs. Trying to score is how you teach the game. It's not like you're playing your son or nephew in basketball or purposely making some mistakes in a board game to make a five-year-old feel good.

I was told a while back that the Ducks got something like 5-1 clicks versus the Blazers that came in second, so I'll never understand why they went with a basketball guy at the Oregonian.

I'm still really perplexed why the Oregonian hired somebody that doesn't know anything about football? I don't know if the numbers still hold, but somebody that worked there told me a while back that the Ducks interest was something like 5 to 1 with the Blazers, so I don't know why they went with a basketball guy?

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera