The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2020 9:57 pm  #1


Undervalued recruits

It's always fun to look back and consider how valuable a player is to a team, vs his original recruiting rank. We've all seen players come to Oregon that we knew from day one would far outplay their recruiting status. Of course, Marcus was one of those. Everyone knew he was going to be special, regardless of his 3 star ranking. Jeff Maehl comes to mind. Recently Jordan Scott, Shane Lemieux, Jacob Breeland and Gus Cumberlander stick out. And I can't leave out Justin Herbert. All of these guys were 3 star players who were destined to have 4-5 star college careers. I thought I'd try to prognosticate a bit with this 2020 class.

We all expect really big things from the five star dudes. Here's a few lower ranked guys coming in that I have huge expectations in.

1. Bradyn Swinson. Cristobal talked about him today. He has a huge wingspan, he's very aggressive and is already building a better physique. He could end up being a very, very good player for Oregon.
2. Kris Hutson. He's already ranked as a 4 star, so this wouldn't be much of a surprise. But I do think he has a real shot at being a star. I watched his tape again today and this kid gets great separation and is a dynamic playmaker.
3. Jackson LaDuke. Simply put, there's no way he should be a 3 star player. He'll be overshadowed by Flowe and Sewell, but he appears to be more of an OLB. He'll get time at some point and when he does, I expect really good things from Jackson.
4. Faaope Laloulu. He's rated as the 800th best player in the country. But he is absolutely massive and surprisingly agile. Cristobal said he'll drop around 50 pounds. When he does, he'll be dominant on that O line.
5. Trey Benson. I've been a fan since before he committed. He's over 6' tall now and weighs around 210. He's said to run a 4.47 50 and has great balance and vision. I can see him running past the line and running over the secondary. He might be good enough to get significant time as a freshman in a crowded field of running backs.

There are a couple of others, like Maceal Afaese and Marcus Harper. I'm probably guilty of being a huge homer, but trying for as much impartiality as I can muster, I think this entire group is going to be something very special for Oregon. With Moorhead revamping the offense, I've never been more optimistic.

 

2/06/2020 1:23 am  #2


Re: Undervalued recruits

Mission Accomplished wrote:

It's always fun to look back and consider how valuable a player is to a team, vs his original recruiting rank. We've all seen players come to Oregon that we knew from day one would far outplay their recruiting status. Of course, Marcus was one of those. Everyone knew he was going to be special, regardless of his 3 star ranking. Jeff Maehl comes to mind. Recently Jordan Scott, Shane Lemieux, Jacob Breeland and Gus Cumberlander stick out. And I can't leave out Justin Herbert. All of these guys were 3 star players who were destined to have 4-5 star college careers. I thought I'd try to prognosticate a bit with this 2020 class.

We all expect really big things from the five star dudes. Here's a few lower ranked guys coming in that I have huge expectations in.

1. Bradyn Swinson. Cristobal talked about him today. He has a huge wingspan, he's very aggressive and is already building a better physique. He could end up being a very, very good player for Oregon.
2. Kris Hutson. He's already ranked as a 4 star, so this wouldn't be much of a surprise. But I do think he has a real shot at being a star. I watched his tape again today and this kid gets great separation and is a dynamic playmaker.
3. Jackson LaDuke. Simply put, there's no way he should be a 3 star player. He'll be overshadowed by Flowe and Sewell, but he appears to be more of an OLB. He'll get time at some point and when he does, I expect really good things from Jackson.
4. Faaope Laloulu. He's rated as the 800th best player in the country. But he is absolutely massive and surprisingly agile. Cristobal said he'll drop around 50 pounds. When he does, he'll be dominant on that O line.
5. Trey Benson. I've been a fan since before he committed. He's over 6' tall now and weighs around 210. He's said to run a 4.47 50 and has great balance and vision. I can see him running past the line and running over the secondary. He might be good enough to get significant time as a freshman in a crowded field of running backs.

There are a couple of others, like Maceal Afaese and Marcus Harper. I'm probably guilty of being a huge homer, but trying for as much impartiality as I can muster, I think this entire group is going to be something very special for Oregon. With Moorhead revamping the offense, I've never been more optimistic.

excellent post,.. I'm already excited, reading that pumps me up even more
 


☘️🦆
 

2/06/2020 11:10 pm  #3


Re: Undervalued recruits

Yeah, I'm pretty excited too. If you can put up with a bit of Canzano, his interview with Mario Cristobal will get your blood pumping. Oregon's on the verge of amazing things.

https://soundcloud.com/kxtg-the-bald-faced-truth/bft-interview-mario-8

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera