The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2020 4:58 pm  #1


Donte Williams leaving

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/02/report-oregon-ducks-cornerbacks-coach-donte-williams-leaving-for-usc.html
I just saw the news and hadn't heard anything about him leaving. I wonder how much they're paying him. 

 

2/10/2020 5:11 pm  #2


Re: Donte Williams leaving

bummer! he's been a solid coach and recruiter for UO. just landed a 5-star (Manning) and a 4-star (Luke Hill) in this last class. somebody in TommyVille must have been impressed by the way Deo, TG4, Verone, and Mykael tore up SC in the Coliseum.
best of luck to him, and I hope he knows what he's doing. what's the over/under on whether Helton's staff will still be intact a year from now?

 

2/10/2020 5:38 pm  #3


Re: Donte Williams leaving

No info in the article. Just "I heard a guy saying..." so we will see.

 

2/10/2020 5:50 pm  #4


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Isn’t John Neal still an analyst? As I recall he was a pretty fair db coach...

 

2/10/2020 6:46 pm  #5


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Phil wrote:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/02/report-oregon-ducks-cornerbacks-coach-donte-williams-leaving-for-usc.html
I just saw the news and hadn't heard anything about him leaving. I wonder how much they're paying him. 

Yep. He's gone...to U$C. Crap!!! He says it's for his family, as his dad is in failing health. We can find another DB coach, but he was an ace recruiter.

 

2/10/2020 6:47 pm  #6


Re: Donte Williams leaving

MadDuck wrote:

Isn’t John Neal still an analyst? As I recall he was a pretty fair db coach...

 I love Coach Neal, and he was a great DB coach. I wouldn't mind that.

 

2/10/2020 9:21 pm  #7


Re: Donte Williams leaving

I liked Neal as well. But gotta reach to the future, not the past.

Williams was the top rated recruiter in the PAC 12 and considered top 10 in the country. USC hit a home run, considering it's basically a lateral move.

I really like
Sharieff Shah out of Utah, but he may be a lifer. I don't know about his recruiting chops, but he does real well with development. Also Aric Williams from SJSU and Brandon Lynch out of ECU, although I don't think he has any West Coast ties. Maybe Tillman out of Colorado. Otherwise it may be a GA or coach out of FCS.

 

2/10/2020 9:47 pm  #8


Re: Donte Williams leaving

NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!

 

2/11/2020 5:17 am  #9


Re: Donte Williams leaving

$C was either going to pay a pantload of money to buy out Helton and crew or dump a ton into getting the right assistant guys to make it work.  Don’t blame the guy for making the jump, he left the cupboard full and hopefully resists the urge to poach...

 

2/11/2020 1:22 pm  #10


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Jiffy Jeff wrote:

$C was either going to pay a pantload of money to buy out Helton and crew or dump a ton into getting the right assistant guys to make it work.  Don’t blame the guy for making the jump, he left the cupboard full and hopefully resists the urge to poach...

Any chance we lose flowe in this?

 

2/11/2020 1:59 pm  #11


Re: Donte Williams leaving

As the article notes, he is from there and his dad is in failing health. I did not get the perception that USC tried to "recruit" him but rather he, given his circumstances, may have been looking for an opportunity in LA. Oregon had a long history where assistsant coaches stayed for years....those days are over. Saban's staff gets poached every year. I am just glad Oregon is not in the same position as Michigan State and having to hire a new head coach!

Last edited by DucksReign (2/11/2020 2:00 pm)

 

2/11/2020 2:31 pm  #12


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Jacal wrote:

I liked Neal as well. But gotta reach to the future, not the past.

Williams was the top rated recruiter in the PAC 12 and considered top 10 in the country. USC hit a home run, considering it's basically a lateral move.

I really like
Sharieff Shah out of Utah, but he may be a lifer. I don't know about his recruiting chops, but he does real well with development. Also Aric Williams from SJSU and Brandon Lynch out of ECU, although I don't think he has any West Coast ties. Maybe Tillman out of Colorado. Otherwise it may be a GA or coach out of FCS.

Creapea has put together a list of possible candidates. Aric Williams is one.
https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j66j-2020/02/2b26dae3eb4152/7-potential-candidates-for-oregon-ducks-cornerbacks-coach.html

 

2/11/2020 2:34 pm  #13


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Some candidates, listed on oLive:
https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j66j-2020/02/2b26dae3eb4152/7-potential-candidates-for-oregon-ducks-cornerbacks-coach.html

Man! Popovich looks like he wants to put a hurt on someone. 
 

 

2/11/2020 5:29 pm  #14


Re: Donte Williams leaving

Just read the potential candidates for cornerbacks coach...most of them have only a 1 or 2 year tenure. Not hard to figure out why it's hard to keep coaches.

 

2/11/2020 5:34 pm  #15


Re: Donte Williams leaving

oldretiredguy wrote:

Jacal wrote:

I liked Neal as well. But gotta reach to the future, not the past.

Williams was the top rated recruiter in the PAC 12 and considered top 10 in the country. USC hit a home run, considering it's basically a lateral move.

I really like
Sharieff Shah out of Utah, but he may be a lifer. I don't know about his recruiting chops, but he does real well with development. Also Aric Williams from SJSU and Brandon Lynch out of ECU, although I don't think he has any West Coast ties. Maybe Tillman out of Colorado. Otherwise it may be a GA or coach out of FCS.

Creapea has put together a list of possible candidates. Aric Williams is one.
https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j66j-2020/02/2b26dae3eb4152/7-potential-candidates-for-oregon-ducks-cornerbacks-coach.html

seems like a very strong list of candidates,.. in Mario I trust


☘️🦆
 

Board footera