The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2020 9:07 am  #1


5 quarterbacks?!

I thought this was a good article on the current QB situation at Oregon and the possible scenarios and I saw the discussion from yesterday on here about it as well.

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/j66j-2020/04/6dc6f407623548/recruiting-how-each-current-oregon-ducks-quarterback-was-recruited-and-how-theyve-fared-in-college.html

Let me note that I am NOT a huge fan of one-and-done graduate transfers at the QB position(other positions I am more accepting). To this day I believe Helfrich's demise began when he brought in graduate transfer QB's for not one but two seasons in a row(Adams and Prukop)....I think it hurts recruiting for WR's, RB's and other QB's due to a change after one-year, among other issues. Short-term, particularly with Adams there were some good numbers but long term, it damaged the program...in my opinion.

Chip Kelly had all sorts of QB challenges during his tenure...injuries, suspensions, departures from the program, etc. and he never once went the graduate transfer route...with of course Helfrich as the OC. Then Helfrich becomes the head coach and with the Heisman winning QB Mariota / Oregon's high powered offense...suddenly the Oregon staff can neither recruit and / or coach up QB's so we have to got out and get graduate transfers??? 

As for the current situation...obviously at this point we do not even know if we are going to have a football season. That aside, I believe IF Brown wins the starting job, Shough will leave the program as there is no way he is sticking around for a third season in a row on the bench. Butterfield and Ashford are probably safe in that scenario because Brown will be gone after a year and they are both true freshmen. As for Millen, I think his health is the key issue. But bringing in Brown definitely pushes him further down.

I just hope there is a football season!

 

 

4/03/2020 5:58 am  #2


Re: 5 quarterbacks?!

Me too, Brother. Missing sports, big time. Hell, I raced my son yesterday to see which one of us could eat a salad faster. That boy is fast!

I am wondering how Feld has these kids working out. At Florida, the strength coach has a private YouTube channel and he is sending each athlete a custom workout plan. 

 

Board footera