The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2021 6:33 am  #1


Jordon Scott = overwhelming maturity

Count me in the crowd who thought Jordon Scott could have done more at Oregon and underachieved his last year...until I read this article! I am not sure I have ever hoped for an Oregon Duck to get drafted as much as I want it to happen for Scott!

And his mother = one VERY WISE woman i.e. NFL stands for Not For Long...and not letting her son apply for the NFL Draft until he had a college degree...Scott was a straight-A student from elementary thru high school.

One of the best student-athlete / parent articles I think I have ever read.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/04/oregon-ducks-product-jordon-scott-accustomed-to-conquering-challenges-is-eager-for-an-nfl-opportunity.html

 

5/01/2021 9:17 am  #2


Re: Jordon Scott = overwhelming maturity

DucksReign wrote:

Count me in the crowd who thought Jordon Scott could have done more at Oregon and underachieved his last year...until I read this article! I am not sure I have ever hoped for an Oregon Duck to get drafted as much as I want it to happen for Scott!

And his mother = one VERY WISE woman i.e. NFL stands for Not For Long...and not letting her son apply for the NFL Draft until he had a college degree...Scott was a straight-A student from elementary thru high school.

One of the best student-athlete / parent articles I think I have ever read.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/04/oregon-ducks-product-jordon-scott-accustomed-to-conquering-challenges-is-eager-for-an-nfl-opportunity.html

That was a really well done article. They should've wrote more about his mom when he was playing for the Ducks.

I was hoping he would start to do more as a pass rusher or someone who could find the ball more. Despite that his size and strength will hopefully get him drafted. I'm sure he'll at least get an opportunity on a practice squad to make a team.
 

 

5/01/2021 6:49 pm  #3


Re: Jordon Scott = overwhelming maturity

DucksReign wrote:

Count me in the crowd who thought Jordon Scott could have done more at Oregon and underachieved his last year...until I read this article! I am not sure I have ever hoped for an Oregon Duck to get drafted as much as I want it to happen for Scott!

And his mother = one VERY WISE woman i.e. NFL stands for Not For Long...and not letting her son apply for the NFL Draft until he had a college degree...Scott was a straight-A student from elementary thru high school.

One of the best student-athlete / parent articles I think I have ever read.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/04/oregon-ducks-product-jordon-scott-accustomed-to-conquering-challenges-is-eager-for-an-nfl-opportunity.html

Jordon has been, and will be, one of my favorite Ducks. And I agree, Fentress did a great job.

 

Board footera