The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/26/2021 8:04 pm  #1


Football and basketball cancellations

I have to admit, I really didn't expect Covid issues to impact TEAMS the way it has over the past few weeks...

Oregon men's basketball opener against Colorado has been postponed due to Covid protocols within the Colorado team.

Miami has withdrawn from the Sun Bowl against WSU due to similar issues.

Unfortunately I think it is going to get worse(game cancellations) before it gets better.

 

12/26/2021 9:00 pm  #2


Re: Football and basketball cancellations

Things are definitely trending in the wrong direction. 

I'm wondering what college football will do if one of the playoff teams gets hit bad. I don't see them looking for a replacement team at this point.

Basketball might get hit for a little while and I'd like to think they'll be in a much better situation for March Madness.  


 

 

12/27/2021 7:21 am  #3


Re: Football and basketball cancellations

Phil wrote:

Things are definitely trending in the wrong direction. 

I'm wondering what college football will do if one of the playoff teams gets hit bad. I don't see them looking for a replacement team at this point.

Basketball might get hit for a little while and I'd like to think they'll be in a much better situation for March Madness.  


 

They.ve said that if one of the teams can't play in the playoffs, that will be a forfeit. We could have a national champ by default. This stuff sucks, tho while it seems to be more contagious, it isn't putting as many in the hospital so far: knock on wood
 

 

12/27/2021 9:22 am  #4


Re: Football and basketball cancellations

oldretiredguy wrote:

Phil wrote:

Things are definitely trending in the wrong direction. 

I'm wondering what college football will do if one of the playoff teams gets hit bad. I don't see them looking for a replacement team at this point.

Basketball might get hit for a little while and I'd like to think they'll be in a much better situation for March Madness.  


 

They.ve said that if one of the teams can't play in the playoffs, that will be a forfeit. We could have a national champ by default. This stuff sucks, tho while it seems to be more contagious, it isn't putting as many in the hospital so far: knock on wood
 

Let's hope nobody has to forfeit. I was watching part of the Chargers game yesterday and they had 11 out with Covid which sounded bad until I heard the Texans had 18 out. A lot of players were called up from the practice squad and seeing the field for the first time. I heard other teams were looking at fielding a 3 or 4th string QB. Injuries are mounting up this time of year anyway.

Hopefully the Ducks are staying healthy and everyone for that matter. Since they don't release any information we might have to rely on reports of who's practicing and basically assume that no news is good news.

 

12/27/2021 10:35 am  #5


Re: Football and basketball cancellations

Phil wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Phil wrote:

Things are definitely trending in the wrong direction. 

I'm wondering what college football will do if one of the playoff teams gets hit bad. I don't see them looking for a replacement team at this point.

Basketball might get hit for a little while and I'd like to think they'll be in a much better situation for March Madness.  


 

They.ve said that if one of the teams can't play in the playoffs, that will be a forfeit. We could have a national champ by default. This stuff sucks, tho while it seems to be more contagious, it isn't putting as many in the hospital so far: knock on wood
 

Let's hope nobody has to forfeit. I was watching part of the Chargers game yesterday and they had 11 out with Covid which sounded bad until I heard the Texans had 18 out. A lot of players were called up from the practice squad and seeing the field for the first time. I heard other teams were looking at fielding a 3 or 4th string QB. Injuries are mounting up this time of year anyway.

Hopefully the Ducks are staying healthy and everyone for that matter. Since they don't release any information we might have to rely on reports of who's practicing and basically assume that no news is good news.

Well, this article says Ducks are missing 31 players for various reasons..
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-179171815/
 

 

12/28/2021 1:15 pm  #6


Re: Football and basketball cancellations

Holiday Bowl cancelled due to Covid issues with UCLA...game was supposed to be played today!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32952941/holiday-bowl-ucla-nc-state-wolfpack-canceled-due-covid-issues-bruins-program

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera