The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2022 2:12 pm  #1


Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

I just saw it live.

Good get for the Ducks and it's nice to beat USC in a battle. 

Dan Lanning called him on the field after the Georgia win. 

 

1/31/2022 2:21 pm  #2


Re: Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

Phil wrote:

I just saw it live.

Good get for the Ducks and it's nice to beat USC in a battle. 

Dan Lanning called him on the field after the Georgia win. 

Awesome. Coach Lanning wins a head to head with U$C..
https://247sports.com/Article/Jahlil-Florence-commits-to-Oregon-on-CBSSports-HQ-Dan-Lanning-oregon-football-recruiting--181929166/

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2022/01/jahlil-florence-nations-no-1-unsigned-cornerback-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-usc.html

Last edited by oldretiredguy (1/31/2022 2:31 pm)

 

1/31/2022 2:49 pm  #3


Re: Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

Excellent!  It may not just be him, of course.  It's the kind of thing that can influence others who are deciding in the next couple of days.  Obviously, if they've decided, they've decided.  But if not, this helps establish the mindset that things are still rolling forward at Oregon, you are going to have good teammates if you go there, etc.

I said a few days back that if they can get this to a top 40 class, I'd consider that a win given the late start.  You have to figure some of the ones ahead and behind us will add some players too, so more work to do to get there, but this gets us close!

 

1/31/2022 3:36 pm  #4


Re: Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

DuckInTheMountains wrote:

Excellent!  It may not just be him, of course.  It's the kind of thing that can influence others who are deciding in the next couple of days.  Obviously, if they've decided, they've decided.  But if not, this helps establish the mindset that things are still rolling forward at Oregon, you are going to have good teammates if you go there, etc.

I said a few days back that if they can get this to a top 40 class, I'd consider that a win given the late start.  You have to figure some of the ones ahead and behind us will add some players too, so more work to do to get there, but this gets us close!

I'll be surprised if we don't end up at least in the mid 20s, and there is potential to go higher. Wednesdays the day
 

 

1/31/2022 4:12 pm  #5


Re: Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

oldretiredguy wrote:

I'll be surprised if we don't end up at least in the mid 20s, and there is potential to go higher. Wednesdays the day
 

That would be a phenomenal outcome.  I think you have to get at least 3 more four stars to get there, don't you?  

 

1/31/2022 4:45 pm  #6


Re: Jahlil Florence Quacks!!!

DuckInTheMountains wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

I'll be surprised if we don't end up at least in the mid 20s, and there is potential to go higher. Wednesdays the day
 

That would be a phenomenal outcome.  I think you have to get at least 3 more four stars to get there, don't you?  

I would say 3-4 more 4* kids and two 3* would sure do it...

 

Board footera