The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2022 6:40 am  #1


Prefontaine honored

Well deserved to be in the inaugural class and with Oregon's rich history in track and field / cross country, more Ducks inducted will certainly follow. Go Pre!

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2022/04/steve-prefontaine-named-as-member-of-new-collegiate-athlete-hall-of-fame.html

 

4/16/2022 7:40 am  #2


Re: Prefontaine honored

Pre is the main reason I started rooting for the Ducks. I had come to Oregon in 71, and began my logging career around Alsea. All the guys were Beaver fans, and I went to Parker Stadium several times, but I was also going to Eugene to watch Pre. This article details the story of the 74 Civil War game that featured Pre winning a charity race, and I was there. 
He deserves any honors that come his way.
https://www.rltrelays.com/html/Steve-Prefontain-CWR.htm

 

4/16/2022 9:03 am  #3


Re: Prefontaine honored

Pre is a legend.

My sister is a former journalist and recreational runner. She went out to the coast for the Memorial Race something like 15 years ago and got to meet his family and run with some of his former running partners. They were all exceptionally welcoming and gracious. 

I went to a number of track and field events, trials, and whatnot over the years since I was a child. I haven't been to the new Hayward yet. What are your takeaways on the new renovation if anyones been there yet?

 

4/16/2022 2:28 pm  #4


Re: Prefontaine honored

I started running because of Pre.  Was devastated when he died.  It was like part of me died.

There were greats before him and greats since.  But some people rise to the top of their sport, and others seem to actually rise above the sport and be larger than life.  Pre was in the latter group.

 

Board footera