The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2022 4:42 pm  #1


Wilner is accurate in my opinion

One aspect I really appreciate about Wilner is he always looks at the broad picture and all the different angles. Nor does he candy coat issues.

Make no mistake, this is a mess and Oregon's future as a mid major or part of a super conference and everything in between is at stake.

Thankfully Wilner brings a voice of reason and reality to the situation.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50433268/stock-report-pac-12-survival-options-for-oregon-and-uw-the-big-12-as-hunter-and-more

 

7/01/2022 5:07 pm  #2


Re: Wilner is accurate in my opinion

DucksReign wrote:

One aspect I really appreciate about Wilner is he always looks at the broad picture and all the different angles. Nor does he candy coat issues.

Make no mistake, this is a mess and Oregon's future as a mid major or part of a super conference and everything in between is at stake.

Thankfully Wilner brings a voice of reason and reality to the situation.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50433268/stock-report-pac-12-survival-options-for-oregon-and-uw-the-big-12-as-hunter-and-more

A good but painful read. One sentence stood out: "The university presidents who approved Scott's strategy deserve blame, as well."
Whatever happens next, I'll always root for the Ducks, but this whole thing is just sad; fueled by nothing more than greed.
 

 

7/01/2022 5:22 pm  #3


Re: Wilner is accurate in my opinion

DucksReign wrote:

One aspect I really appreciate about Wilner is he always looks at the broad picture and all the different angles. Nor does he candy coat issues.

Make no mistake, this is a mess and Oregon's future as a mid major or part of a super conference and everything in between is at stake.

Thankfully Wilner brings a voice of reason and reality to the situation.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50433268/stock-report-pac-12-survival-options-for-oregon-and-uw-the-big-12-as-hunter-and-more

I like Wilner's takes, insights, knowledge, inside sources, etc. as well. FYI: I posted the same article earlier today.

One thing he didn't cover is if there's any chance Oregon could join the SEC as opposed to a B12 alliance of sorts? I would assume it's a long shot.

I'm kind of conflicted about matters at this point. I much rather see the Ducks play local teams. However, this might mean a diminished level of talent and play if they stay pat and a mid major type of situation develops. 

Another area I would like to hear more about is how the numbers play out in markets. I obviously get that USCs fan base combined with LA market size is a huge asset. However, the Ducks have drawn in the best TV ratings in recent years from figures I've seen. Eugene might not be big, but if the Ducks get big views nationally on games televised out east like they have, wouldn't this be an asset to Fox/Big 10? Perhaps the local market means more? I would like to hear more on this matter. For example, Stanford has few fans, but a big population around it. How does this pencil out versus the Ducks huge fan base spread out?

Anyhow, the whole thing stinks. I'll still be watching and following the Ducks regardless of how this plays out.

I wish everyone a happy 4th and holiday weekend. Thanks for chatting and checking in on here. 

 

 

Board footera