The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2022 8:40 am  #1


Who ya got and how many wins?

I thought we could have an informal poll as to how many wins Ducks might have and who are your breakout players. I feel we should do no worse than 9-3, but I'll take 10-2. I can't see us beating Georgia, and there will be one PAC loss.
On offense, I'm going with Cardwell and on defense, DJ Johnson.

 

7/27/2022 9:59 am  #2


Re: Who ya got and how many wins?

9-3. 

I wouldn't completely rule out beating Georgia.  Half their defense is gone, and it's the best half of their defense, since they were all first-rounders, and they have to rebuild with a new DC.  They'll have a great D by the end of the year, no doubt, but how close they will be to that in the first game is hard to say, and we've got an experienced offensive line.  If we get good Bo in that game, we could beat them.  

If that happens, all bets are off, because wins breed confidence and confidence breeds wins.  But winning that game is unlikely, and then you figure we'll lose at WSU or OSU because we just will.  And chances are we drop another somewhere, too.

Breakout players are Flowe and whoever starts at RB.  Flowe is going to be a first rounder and is part of the reason we'll stay competitive against Georgia even if we don't win.  Sewell and Flowe will be the best LB duo in the nation.

 

7/27/2022 11:01 am  #3


Re: Who ya got and how many wins?

You win with QB play and so I think Oregon could be anywhere from a .500 team at worst and a 2-loss team at best.

Nix besides coming off a season ending injury threw for 11 TD's in 10 games. Meanwhile Oregon's backups essentially have 0 game experience.

Otherwise...

*1 loss in non-conference games(Georgia...but BYU will be a tough game).

*1 Conference loss on the road(bad stuff always seems to happen in Arizona)...or WSU or osu.

*1 Conference loss at home...Utah?

*1 loss due to rookie head coach mistakes... typically rookie head coaches don't go unscathed in their first season.

Of all those scenarios, going undefeated at home seems the most plausible.

Will be interesting.

 

7/27/2022 2:17 pm  #4


Re: Who ya got and how many wins?

I'm going with 9-3 as a guess.

It's really hard to say and I agree with DR and the wide range. Maybe I would say 10-1 as absolute best case. Probably not very likely though.

Georgia is a loss in my book. I did say the same about the Buckeyes last year.

BYU could be another.

Utah won't be easy.

New coaches & QB along with the parity in the pack could spell another loss. Anyone can win a Pac After Dark game. 

 

Board footera