The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2022 4:50 pm  #1


In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

Different styles but same result.

Last season Oregon got punched in the mouth in 3 of the last 4 games and folded. Cristobal even quit.

This season they got punched in the mouth 3 consecutive games and folded. Lanning clearly had no clue what he needed to do.

Despite being anemic at their alleged specialties, offensive line and defense, both proved willfully incompetent in overall head coaching skill set.

Cristobal at least got to the Pac-12 Championship Game when it mattered most...and even won.

The stench from this loss will last well beyond the Sun Bowl or whatever loser bowl game Oregon plays in.

 

11/26/2022 5:19 pm  #2


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

There's plenty of blame for DL, especially repeating the same mistakes again today.

I don't think he's anywhere in the same ballpark as MC though. The Ducks would have lost in a landslide today, last week against Utah, UW, BYU, and there might have been more losses this season under MC. Maybe the defense wouldn't be any worse. I'll take this years offense any day over an MC game plan. 

DL has screwed up big time, but what if Bo never got hurt? Things probably would be a lot different.

MC not being the Ducks coach is one of the few things I can actually feel good about right now. 

 

 

11/26/2022 5:29 pm  #3


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

Hopefully Dan learns from this first year, and we enjoyed the ride most of the season. Tough loss for sure, but I wouldn't compare DL and MC. 

 

11/26/2022 5:46 pm  #4


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

My point is simply the end result is the same... different paths / styles but the ending is no different.

Oregon may look and feel better under Lanning but until the end result is different (Cristobal went to the Redbox Bowl his first full season as HC), style points mean zippo.

Just like that...No Playoffs, Rose Bowl or Pac-12 Championship Game. Now some meaningless bowl game for a team ranked #10 in the nation as the day began. Different head coach but the ending is all too familiar.

     •Thread Starter
 

11/26/2022 6:11 pm  #5


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

 

11/26/2022 6:18 pm  #6


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

Yep, I saw that. No excuse, and I imagine he'll be gone. I wish they wouldn't allow fans on the field until the visiting team is off, but still, gotta keep your composure.
 

 

11/26/2022 6:22 pm  #7


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

oldretiredguy wrote:

Yep, I saw that. No excuse, and I imagine he'll be gone. I wish they wouldn't allow fans on the field until the visiting team is off, but still, gotta keep your composure.
 

I think this was his last year?

 

11/26/2022 6:31 pm  #8


Re: In the end, Lanning is no better than Cristobal

That's a real bad look and never something that should happen. He shouldn't be playing the bowl game this year. This could really hurt his chances of making an NFL team. It's just unexcitable and I hope the fan is okay.   

 

Board footera