The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2023 8:58 am  #1


 

2/18/2023 11:42 am  #2


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

With all the new coaches and players every year I'm certainly not one to think I know what's going to happen.

An 8-4 floor seems reasonable if barring major injuries. Bo getting hurt could be trouble. Despite losing a lot of start on the O-line I'm still pretty confident they will be a decent unit.

The Ducks did pretty well last season for having a really lousy defense. A big upgrade could really make the team a contender. Of course that's if the offensive can be comparable to last year and there's a lot of unknowns with a new OC and all. 

At the very least the Ducks have the potential to be really good.   

 

 

2/18/2023 12:09 pm  #3


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

Pretty much agree with the analysis.

But there are just way too many questions about this team to make a confident prediction. 

However, with the strength of the conference next season, I'm thinking 11-1 is unreasonable. 

Wonder what Vegas thinks?

 

2/18/2023 1:09 pm  #4


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

Duckball wrote:

Pretty much agree with the analysis.

But there are just way too many questions about this team to make a confident prediction. 

However, with the strength of the conference next season, I'm thinking 11-1 is unreasonable. 

Wonder what Vegas thinks?

I think our offense will be fine barring major injuries. It's the D that really has to improve. Coach Lanning has added a lot of defense from the portal, so we'll see. 

     •Thread Starter
 

2/18/2023 5:58 pm  #5


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

oldretiredguy wrote:

Duckball wrote:

Pretty much agree with the analysis.

But there are just way too many questions about this team to make a confident prediction. 

However, with the strength of the conference next season, I'm thinking 11-1 is unreasonable. 

Wonder what Vegas thinks?

I think our offense will be fine barring major injuries. It's the D that really has to improve. Coach Lanning has added a lot of defense from the portal, so we'll see. 

But don't forget, we have a new OC, a new O line coach AND a pretty much new O line!!

These are what have me as concerned, if not more, than the defense! I mean, you have to figure our defense can't be worse than last year can it?? We've added a TON of athletic talent on the defensive side, which I LOVE. Now they need to be coached up. 

I'm also concerned and will be sounding like a broken record from now until season starts, that I think Bo Nix will be told to be more of a pocket QB next year. That is NOT his game, and I fear his performance, and Oregon's offense will suffer because of it.

Will be so interesting to see how our Ducks  perform next year. I can't freaking wait.
 

 

2/18/2023 6:06 pm  #6


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

Duckball wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Duckball wrote:

Pretty much agree with the analysis.

But there are just way too many questions about this team to make a confident prediction. 

However, with the strength of the conference next season, I'm thinking 11-1 is unreasonable. 

Wonder what Vegas thinks?

I think our offense will be fine barring major injuries. It's the D that really has to improve. Coach Lanning has added a lot of defense from the portal, so we'll see. 

But don't forget, we have a new OC, a new O line coach AND a pretty much new O line!!

These are what have me as concerned, if not more, than the defense! I mean, you have to figure our defense can't be worse than last year can it?? We've added a TON of athletic talent on the defensive side, which I LOVE. Now they need to be coached up. 

I'm also concerned and will be sounding like a broken record from now until season starts, that I think Bo Nix will be told to be more of a pocket QB next year. That is NOT his game, and I fear his performance, and Oregon's offense will suffer because of it.

Will be so interesting to see how our Ducks  perform next year. I can't freaking wait.
 

All good points. While the O line starters will be new, they all got significant PT last season, and I think Conerly will be a stud. The transfers will be a big asset as well. Stein actually has a better record in the RZ than Dilly. I do think you're right, Nix will be asked to throw more, so we'll see, but I think we'll avaverage around 40 points a game again. C'mon...Football...
 

     •Thread Starter
 

2/18/2023 7:06 pm  #7


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

I guess my main fear about next year pretty much all boils down to the QB position. I think all other positions are good enough and deep enough to withstand an injury bug or two.

QB? Not so much.

Keeps me up at night.

 

2/18/2023 7:52 pm  #8


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

Duckball wrote:

I guess my main fear about next year pretty much all boils down to the QB position. I think all other positions are good enough and deep enough to withstand an injury bug or two.

QB? Not so much.

Keeps me up at night.

Yeah, that's a worrisome thing for sure. Ty and a freshman..wonder if Dan would try for another QB during the next portal period. Nobody real good will want to come since they won't start. Guess we'll see.
 

     •Thread Starter
 

2/21/2023 3:03 pm  #9


Re: ESPN projected ceiling and floor

oldretiredguy wrote:

Duckball wrote:

I guess my main fear about next year pretty much all boils down to the QB position. I think all other positions are good enough and deep enough to withstand an injury bug or two.

QB? Not so much.

Keeps me up at night.

Yeah, that's a worrisome thing for sure. Ty and a freshman..wonder if Dan would try for another QB during the next portal period. Nobody real good will want to come since they won't start. Guess we'll see.
 

Nothing has changed from last year...Bo starting and Ty as backup. From what I've read, Thompson is progressing. Kudos to him for sticking around. The Ducks would have been in a world of hurt had he left. At least they have someone that knows the system. He's biding his time hoping to start next year. Cut the kid some slack. Through all of this, I hope he does get some playing time this year, hopefully in garbage time only. He's been kind of shortchanged, all  the way back to um, some guy named Cristobal.  

 

Board footera