The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2023 12:48 pm  #1


Paopao to South Carolina

Wow...transferring to one of the elite powers in college basketball.

Will be interesting to see if she starts?

Graves seems to have lost some of his touch as Oregon has not been able to sustain his previous successes.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/04/former-oregon-womens-basketball-guard-te-hina-paopao-commits-to-transfer-to-south-carolina.html

 

4/25/2023 2:21 pm  #2


Re: Paopao to South Carolina

Since there is less parity in the women's game than the men's game, if you had to choose a school where you would realistically have a chance to earn a ring now there are about five schools to choose from.  She chose well.  

Graves had a championship run stopped short by C19 and from there never recovered.  Since that time, a liberal transfer portal coupled by NIL have stripped away any continuity from the program, having basically to rebuild each season- like the men's program, the softball program, etc.  On top of that, he has no issues calling out poor play and practicing and that hurts feelings.  He and Altman facing similar issues and handling them with relatively the same approaches.

 

4/25/2023 7:13 pm  #3


Re: Paopao to South Carolina

I haven't watched much women's basketball the last couple years.

But one thing I always thought to myself when I did, is how unimpressed I was with Paopao as a player and a leader. I'm shocked South Carolina would take her. Maybe I'm just all wet?

 

4/26/2023 5:46 am  #4


Re: Paopao to South Carolina

Two points...

1) I was surprised too at her going to South Carolina so I Googled their team and they MAY lose up to 7 seniors!

https://sports.yahoo.com/south-carolina-season-over-leaves-051520967.html

2) I don't think Altman and Graves PUBLICLY calling out players is an effective strategy. Does anyone feel like either program is improving?

With the Transfer Portal it is easy to say goodbye in a second. Keep it behind closed doors.

Personally I think they are blaming players for their shortcomings as LEADERS. They recruit and coach the players...adjust your approach to both. Bring in different attitudes. When you(Graves) have an entire recruiting class transfer out before becoming seniors, it is time to look in the mirror rather than point fingers.

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera