The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2023 2:07 pm  #31


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

Phil wrote:

We might even have a great punter for a change. I think they took my advice and threw a down to give the punter a go😂

Yeah, looked to be about a 58 yarder!!

 

9/02/2023 2:08 pm  #32


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

Hate to complain about a blowout win, but I don't believe I saw us get one sack today??

 

9/02/2023 2:13 pm  #33


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

Duckball wrote:

Hate to complain about a blowout win, but I don't believe I saw us get one sack today??

Not that I can remember. I was noticing the lack of pressure especially in the first half. It seemed like the secondary was holding it down at times when they got off the field. They could benefit from getting to the QB when you have some of the best quarterbacks in college football coming your way soon.

     •Thread Starter
 

9/02/2023 2:17 pm  #34


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

No complaints on offense. They look like a really well coached unit.

     •Thread Starter
 

9/02/2023 2:17 pm  #35


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

Phil wrote:

Duckball wrote:

Hate to complain about a blowout win, but I don't believe I saw us get one sack today??

Not that I can remember. I was noticing the lack of pressure especially in the first half. It seemed like the secondary was holding it down at times when they got off the field. They could benefit from getting to the QB when you have some of the best quarterbacks in college football coming your way soon.

True.

But was happy to see Defense dominate like they should after the first quarter.

Curious that I never heard Jamal Hill or Trikweze Bridges names being called today.

 

9/02/2023 2:22 pm  #36


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

Phil wrote:

We might even have a great punter for a change. I think they took my advice and threw a down to give the punter a go😂

Okay, I’ll give you that! 😎

81 points. Everyone got to play. No injuries. That’s about as good as it gets.

Take a deserved day off then time to get ready for Texas Tech.
I'll really be looking forward to better compitition next week. Can you ever remember such polar oppistes for home openener with Georgia last year?

Origonally looking at the schedule out of the entire first 5 games Texas Tech looked like the only team of concern. Maybe Colorado won't be a team to write off? I didn't see much of that game. TCU isn't know for their defense, but they were ranked #17 and always have a good offense. 

Last edited by Phil (9/02/2023 2:41 pm)

 

9/02/2023 2:52 pm  #37


Re: Game Day Chat PSU

DurangoDuck wrote:

Phil wrote:

We might even have a great punter for a change. I think they took my advice and threw a down to give the punter a go😂

Okay, I’ll give you that! 😎

81 points. Everyone got to play. No injuries. That’s about as good as it gets.

Take a deserved day off then time to get ready for Texas Tech.
I'll really be looking forward to better compitition next week. Can you ever remember such polar oppistes for home openener with Georgia last year?

Origonally looking at the schedule out of the entire first 5 games Texas Tech looked like the only team of concern. Maybe Colorado won't be a team to write off? I didn't see much of that game. TCU isn't know for their defense, but they were ranked #17 and always have a good offense. 

Colorado looked excellent on offense. I think they will be better than expected.
 

 

Board footera