The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2023 10:23 am  #1


Game Chat

Phil and I both have prior commitments, and may not be around for the game, so I thought I'd put up the chat early. GO DUCKS!!!

 

9/16/2023 12:28 pm  #2


Re: Game Chat

I should be able to drop in for the first half at least. 

Great weather and day in Eugene. 

Go Ducks!!!

 

9/16/2023 2:37 pm  #3


Re: Game Chat

One of my favorite uniform options, an updated take on the classic yellow and green. Love the look.

G O   D U C K S  ! !

 

9/16/2023 4:11 pm  #4


Re: Game Chat

The "mic'd up" pregame isn't going to show any strategy or game plan. Instead it's coaches hooping and hollering. It might actually be of interest if they you could hear something of relevance.  

 

9/16/2023 4:36 pm  #5


Re: Game Chat

And in other news; the Beavs survive SDU and did not look that good. Bama wins 17-3 essentially on FSU failing on 4th downs and turnover. Also didn’t look like a winner. Where did Bama go?

 

9/16/2023 4:51 pm  #6


Re: Game Chat

Thanks for the update. I’ve been busy to and on the go all day and haven’t had a chance to catch up with anything football related yet. I don’t know what’s happening with Alabama? You just always assume they’re going to be the best team or not far off. I would love to see an underdog win it this year, but at this point, it could be another Georgia championship. No thanks

 

9/16/2023 4:53 pm  #7


Re: Game Chat

I feel like I still don't know how good the Ducks can be. Last week was a tough road environment. Today we have another major drop in talent and home game. A lot of years I feel like I know what the team will be like by the start of the 3rd game and this isn't that type of season for me at least. 

 

9/16/2023 5:03 pm  #8


Re: Game Chat

Things are going great and all.....but if our offensive line doesn't start run blocking better and Stein can't draw up some better running plays, this team has no chance to win this conference.

Everything else looking fine.

I'm wondering if we'll ever see our stud LB transfer Jacobs this year? We really need some help at LB.

 

9/16/2023 5:08 pm  #9


Re: Game Chat

Duckball wrote:

Things are going great and all.....but if our offensive line doesn't start run blocking better and Stein can't draw up some better running plays, this team has no chance to win this conference.

Everything else looking fine.

I'm wondering if we'll ever see our stud LB transfer Jacobs this year? We really need some help at LB.

That's a good point. It's not that the Ducks don't have top tier RB's. The blocking last week was abysmal along with the play calling. Reminded me far to much of Mario style run game. 

 

9/16/2023 5:14 pm  #10


Re: Game Chat

Well, we do have 128 yds on the ground 4min into the second. Yes, it’s Hawaii.

 

9/16/2023 5:31 pm  #11


Re: Game Chat

DurangoDuck wrote:

Well, we do have 128 yds on the ground 4min into the second. Yes, it’s Hawaii.

I was just hoping our run game would be our bread and butter this year. So far, it's obviously not.

Oline still young and learning to play together. They will improve as the year goes along. I've been pleasantly surprised with the pass blocking, however.

Nix still has a tendency to abandon the pocket prematurely though. 

 

9/16/2023 5:37 pm  #12


Re: Game Chat

Duckball wrote:

DurangoDuck wrote:

Well, we do have 128 yds on the ground 4min into the second. Yes, it’s Hawaii.

I was just hoping our run game would be our bread and butter this year. So far, it's obviously not.

Oline still young and learning to play together. They will improve as the year goes along. I've been pleasantly surprised with the pass blocking, however.

Nix still has a tendency to abandon the pocket prematurely though. 

It's interesting in how quickly Bo turns to his feet. It's working for the most part. He doesn't want to wait around or just throw the ball away. Most of the time it seems to be working for him. 

 

9/16/2023 5:46 pm  #13


Re: Game Chat

Game is over. Ducks have made nice corrections from last week but Hawaii CLEARLY doesn't have the same caliber of athletes.

I am going to watch the end of FL vs Tenn and then "scout"😂Oregon's next week's opponent CU vs CSU!

 

9/16/2023 5:48 pm  #14


Re: Game Chat

It was a pretty clean game until that last couple minutes. 5 penalties between 2 on the O that cost us a TD (thanks to sold gold Cam for the 3) then a quick 3 penalties on the D, including that careless jump offside on the missed kick. While 7 points differential won’t affect this game that will cost us in league play.

 

9/16/2023 5:51 pm  #15


Re: Game Chat

DucksReign wrote:

Game is over. Ducks have made nice corrections from last week but Hawaii CLEARLY doesn't have the same caliber of athletes.

I am going to watch the end of FL vs Tenn and then "scout"😂Oregon's next week's opponent CU vs CSU!

I’ve been flipping to the Tenn game, looks like they will fall to the Gators. Then I will flip back and forth to Prime time.

 

Board footera