The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2023 8:52 am  #1


OLive questions for Colorado beat writer

This is one of my favorite media articles each week where James Crepea asks 5 questions of the beat writer covering the opponent.

I respect these beat writers because they "cover" the team; have access that many do not and typically are straightforward and not homers. They keep the emotion out of it.

An added dynamic is Colorado has USC next week(in Boulder) so back to back huge games for them.

Not having Travis Henry may be a key difference maker as the beat writer suggests i.e. like losing 2 players.

I am expecting a heavy dose of Oregon running the ball to hopefully keep Colorado's offense off the field for as long as possible and wear down Colorado's defense.

Still not sure what type of team Oregon has as Portland State and Hawaii games were ridiculous and against TT they had to score 20 points in the 4th quarter to barely win the game.

Colorado has A LOT of confidence(which cannot be measured) and Oregon needs to match or exceed it...playing at Autzen can be a difference maker too.

I am happy the ENTIRE COUNTRY will be watching and the 30 Oregon recruits in attendance are in for an amazing experience😁


https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/09/scouting-the-buffaloes-5-questions-with-a-colorado-beat-reporter.html

 

9/22/2023 9:06 am  #2


Re: OLive questions for Colorado beat writer

I’m on the flight from Denver to Duckville as I write this. I am thinking there might just be more Duck fans than Buff fans!  After a couple Bloody Mary’s I think I’ll get a GO - DUCKS cheer started.

Just giving my feathered friends a trigger warning in case we make the news. 😁😎

GO DUCKS !! 🦆🏈

 

9/22/2023 11:44 am  #3


Re: OLive questions for Colorado beat writer

DurangoDuck wrote:

I’m on the flight from Denver to Duckville as I write this. I am thinking there might just be more Duck fans than Buff fans! After a couple Bloody Mary’s I think I’ll get a GO - DUCKS cheer started.

Just giving my feathered friends a trigger warning in case we make the news. 😁😎

GO DUCKS !! 🦆🏈

I'm jealous you're going to the game.

Have fun, which I don't think I need to tell you =14px😂 Don't make the news for "Flight returns after rowdy Ducks fans lose control" 😂

 

9/22/2023 11:51 am  #4


Re: OLive questions for Colorado beat writer

I'm with you on not being sure what type of team we have. We have some really good players. It's the coaches and play calling along with some of the defensive side of the ball that I'm not sure about.

I hope they do get the run game going. I figured they might have more success with the pass game, which seems more the like the bread and butter so far with the exception of the PSU game.

Another thing to look for is will the Ducks come out relaxed including Bo? With all the attention this week and big recruits coming there's a lot of pressure. I'm thinking they might be a little high strung until the game gets going.

Colorado isn't big or deep on the defensive side of the ball. Can the young and bigger O-line with rotational players grind down the defense as the game goes on. 

I have a lot of other question and concerns, but better get back to work. It's hard to keep focus today with tomorrow's game and all. 

Go Ducks!!!

 

Board footera