The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2023 3:22 pm  #1


Big 10 hockey

There are six Big 10 schools plus Notre Dame that play hockey.  They are Minnesota, Michigan, OSU, Penn St, MSU and Wisconsin.  There is interest in adding the west coast schools to their hockey program. I posted this to the football site, figuring it would go unnoticed if it was posted elsewhere.

https://www.pulltabsports.com/blog/will-big-10-become-more-of-a-hockey-power-conference

 

 

11/25/2023 7:35 pm  #2


Re: Big 10 hockey

As someone who loves hockey, I would be stoked to get a Div1 hockey team here at Oregon. We have a club team already. but would need a few years to get a real program going.

There's two problems as I see it. #1--- we don't have a hockey arena. yeah a pretty big problem!! As I understand it, Matt Court was not constructed to allow conversion to ice. I heard Uncle Phil hates hockey and this is why it was done that way, I'm not sure I believe that, but if so, it's a really stupid and short-sighted decision.

#2----Title 9 and the 2- or 3-women's teams we'd need to add to even things out scholarship wise.

It's probably a pipe dream but I like the way you think bedupivi. 

 

Board footera