The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2023 12:48 pm  #1


Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

ESPN, article buried within all sorts of college and pro articles. Maybe a bit optimistic but there are some points made that can support it.  I think the last committee ranking (pre- conference champ games) coming up Tuesday?.  Not sure I copied it in correctly. If not you can find it on the ESPN app.

HUGE game coming up, season on the line for the playoff. HUCK the FUSKIES !!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/38978495/projecting-college-football-playoff-committee-top-8

 

11/27/2023 12:53 pm  #2


Re: Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

DurangoDuck wrote:

ESPN, article buried within all sorts of college and pro articles. Maybe a bit optimistic but there are some points made that can support it. I think the last committee ranking (pre- conference champ games) coming up Tuesday?. Not sure I copied it in correctly. If not you can find it on the ESPN app.

HUGE game coming up, season on the line for the playoff. HUCK the FUSKIES !!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/38978495/projecting-college-football-playoff-committee-top-8

Paywall for me. Last week the committee did drop FSU due to losing their stud QB, but they bounced back against Florida, so we'll see where they land. The fuskies will be highly ranked as will we this week. Beat them next Friday and we should have a good enough resume to get in...would be ironic if we played FSU in the first semi final
Gotta beat the fuskies...all I care about this week!!!!
 

 

11/27/2023 5:20 pm  #3


Re: Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

Interesting on the paywall. I read it free, though I have no special subscription, tried to go back in just now and it was blocked. Go figure.

Summary of what this pundit listed:
Georgia
Michigan
Washington
Oregon
OSU
FSU
Texas
Alabama

Of course all conjecture, big games with implications- Georgia/Bama, Texas/Ok St, Mich/Iowa and Ducks/Dogs.

     •Thread Starter
 

11/27/2023 6:18 pm  #4


Re: Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

Even if we beat UW, I'm still nervous about getting in the CFP.

I don't see any conceivable way an undefeated and conference champion FSU would be left out. Even though I think most would agree that they are NOT one of the 4 best teams in the country.

We REALLY need FSU to lose for me to feel confident. Also, what happens if Alabama beats Georgia? In my opinion that should eliminate Georgia, but I don't think Georgia would drop to 5 after winning what 27 straight games or something??

It's my personal opinion that conference championship games are first round playoff games. Lose, and you're out. But I don't think the committee necessarily agrees.
 

 

11/27/2023 7:00 pm  #5


Re: Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

The Pac-12 and SEC have the only championship games with BOTH teams ranked in the Top Ten. That should be an advantage🙏

The 4 one-loss teams would make an incredible Final Four...8 deserving teams this year.

However to that point, Herbstreit talked about it today...since this format began, the average margin of victory in the semifinals has been 19 pts!(Remember Oregon over FSU?🤔😂)

He believes part of the problem is the whole teams who DESERVE to be in vs choosing the BEST teams. The original intent was the 4 best teams would be in the Playoffs.

Seems like a lot of overlap there but I know last year I didn't think TCU was one of the 4 best teams but then they beat Michigan🙄

Win or lose, I think Georgia is an automatic being two-time defending champion.

Also I believe STYLE POINTS  will make a difference. How do winning teams LOOK?

This of course being the last year of this dynamic until the 12 team format begins next season.

Last edited by DucksReign (11/27/2023 7:14 pm)

 

11/27/2023 8:32 pm  #6


Re: Interesting ranking - Ducks 4?

If the Ducks can win I'm most concerned about an Alabama win. 

We're already ranked head of FSU and they lost a QB and have some ugly wins against bad teams so they don't concern me.  

I've heard a lot of non Pac sports analyst say rather confidently that the Ducks will be in if they win. 

Style points matter a lot and the Ducks have that in spades. 

Moving to the B1G helps the perception of the Ducks too. As I previously posted the team is more watched and respected nationally than ever. 

 

Board footera