The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 10:22 pm  #2


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

"Penn State ranked 114th out of 128 teams in the FBS in total offense in 2014, averaging 335.3 yards per game. The Nittany Lions also struggled to score points, averaging only 20.6 points per game, which ranked 113rd."

I don't know. Maybe he really did grow a lot after the Penn State thing. That does happen. But on the surface, it sure doesn't seem like much of a home run hire.

     •Thread Starter
 

1/11/2020 1:43 am  #3


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

Following this guy at Penn State, maybe Moorhead’s offense isn’t as impressive as it looks.

 

1/11/2020 7:26 am  #4


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

I don't feel awful, but I'm bewildered by the choice of Donovan.  My first thought was "Is that the best Washington could come up with?"
 

 

1/11/2020 9:24 am  #5


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

Pete wrote:

I don't feel awful, but I'm bewildered by the choice of Donovan.  My first thought was "Is that the best Washington could come up with?"
 

There may have been a slight undertone of sarcasm in my post. It does feel like a first year coach hire. It seems any of the candidates reported as being pursued by Coach Cristobal would come in with a better resume than his. Like I said, maybe he'll surprise me. People, including coaches, can learn and grow.

     •Thread Starter
 

1/11/2020 9:26 am  #6


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

KONA808 wrote:

Following this guy at Penn State, maybe Moorhead’s offense isn’t as impressive as it looks.

How so? Moorhead came in and took over a Penn State team with a sluggish offense and suddenly Penn St was a dynamo. I think they were coming off sanctions so that was probably part of it. But there was an immediate and dramatic improvement.

     •Thread Starter
 

1/11/2020 10:51 am  #7


Re: I don't know what else to say, except HAHAHAHAHA!

Mission Accomplished wrote:

KONA808 wrote:

Following this guy at Penn State, maybe Moorhead’s offense isn’t as impressive as it looks.

How so? Moorhead came in and took over a Penn State team with a sluggish offense and suddenly Penn St was a dynamo. I think they were coming off sanctions so that was probably part of it. But there was an immediate and dramatic improvement.

My point was, the bar was set really low for Moorhead.

 

Board footera