The Duck Room



Click to Expand/Site Information

Welcome to The Duck Room. We're an old school Oregon Ducks fan site dedicated to our University of Oregon Ducks sports. This community is centered around sharing updates, news stories, and opinions, and thoughts related to Oregon Ducks sports.

One of the best things besides the great users we have on here is that The Duck Room is completely free. Always has been and always will be. Don't be shy as everyone can post your latest thoughts on the Ducks. Just see the few simple rules below.

1. Common sense community standards apply.
2. Posts of political nature of post that would lead to such matters do not belong here, there's a whole internet for that.
3. Fans of different teams are allowed here as are difference of options, however trolling is not tolerated.
4. We have to abide by copyright laws, which means quoting an articles story and posting links works. On the contrary copy and pasting entire copyrighted stories is against the rules.

Please feel free to reach out to the Administrator Phil or our site Mod oldretiredguy with any concerns or questions. Thank you everyone.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2023 5:15 pm  #1


QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

Dante Moore commits..again...this is interesting. He sits behind Gabriel, then starts for two years and maybe Akili Smith Jr. comes on...maybe..
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/article/oregon-lands-former-ucla-qb-five-star-recruit-dante-moore-223453518/

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/7-things-oregon-duck-fans-004634460.html

Last edited by oldretiredguy (12/18/2023 5:22 pm)

 

12/18/2023 6:08 pm  #2


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

So let's see...

July 8, 2022 commits to Oregon

December 19, 2022 flips to UCLA

December 18, 2023 transfers to Oregon

Taste of reality playing in games? Maturity? Better NIL deal?

I don't know all the Transfer Portal rules per se but I don't think he can enter it again next year without having to sit out a year...unless there is a change in the head coach position at Oregon.

Ironically he is back in the exact same position he would have been in had he come to Oregon to begin with...playing behind a more experienced QB for one season.

He had no chance of beating out Nix...but he had very good game experience at UCLA including starting and I am betting he is unwilling to concede anything to Gabriel. He is listed as 4 inches taller than Gabriel.

One question...the Ducks have barely played the #2 QB let alone the #3...any volunteers?

 

12/18/2023 6:15 pm  #3


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

Few things in life are for sure; death, taxes, and Dante Moore sitting for a year behind Gabriel. This really is amazing, and you're right, he can't transfer again w/o a coaching change, tho the NCAA is considering that rule.

     •Thread Starter
 

12/18/2023 9:10 pm  #4


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

I'm just so meh, about this.

He was pretty horrible at UCLA and he left us at the alter on signing day. I don't get the love for this kid. For me, it's just another example of 5 star QB derangement syndrome. I'll have a hard time warming up to Moore,


 

 

12/19/2023 8:47 am  #5


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

Duckball wrote:

I'm just so meh, about this.

He was pretty horrible at UCLA and he left us at the alter on signing day. I don't get the love for this kid. For me, it's just another example of 5 star QB derangement syndrome. I'll have a hard time warming up to Moore,


 

My take is that Dante is just a kid making the biggest decision of his life, and he screwed up and knows it. Now he's ready to sit and learn for a year, and be a good backup if needed, then take over next year, so no portal QB next year, then Akili Smith Jr. comes in, sits for one year behind Dante, then takes over, so no portal QB for a few years, anyway. That is the ideal, and can always change, but I like this. As DR said, he can't transfer again, and he did get some valuable playing time. Cheer up, Buddy
 

     •Thread Starter
 

12/19/2023 1:25 pm  #6


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

oldretiredguy wrote:

Duckball wrote:

I'm just so meh, about this.

He was pretty horrible at UCLA and he left us at the alter on signing day. I don't get the love for this kid. For me, it's just another example of 5 star QB derangement syndrome. I'll have a hard time warming up to Moore,


 

My take is that Dante is just a kid making the biggest decision of his life, and he screwed up and knows it. Now he's ready to sit and learn for a year, and be a good backup if needed, then take over next year, so no portal QB next year, then Akili Smith Jr. comes in, sits for one year behind Dante, then takes over, so no portal QB for a few years, anyway. That is the ideal, and can always change, but I like this. As DR said, he can't transfer again, and he did get some valuable playing time. Cheer up, Buddy
 

I know I'm the minority on this from what I've gathered reading other blogs. Followed his recruitment closely last year. Frankly was BS how that all unfolded on the very last day. Hated it then, don't want him now. Plus, I've watched him play and I didn't like what I saw.

But whatever. Obviously, the coaches are still high on him. Let's see what kind of teammate he is going forward. Maybe he will be great and that's fine. But I'll be openly rooting for him to get beat out at the position. For me personally, he's wearing the scarlet letter lol.
Petty? Maybe.


 

 

12/19/2023 1:59 pm  #7


Re: QUAAACK!!!!!! Ducks have a portal QB

Duckball wrote:

oldretiredguy wrote:

Duckball wrote:

I'm just so meh, about this.

He was pretty horrible at UCLA and he left us at the alter on signing day. I don't get the love for this kid. For me, it's just another example of 5 star QB derangement syndrome. I'll have a hard time warming up to Moore,


 

Cheer up, Buddy
 

I know I'm the minority on this from what I've gathered reading other blogs.

But whatever. Obviously, the coaches are still high on him. Let's see what kind of teammate he is going forward. Maybe he will be great and that's fine. But I'll be openly rooting for him to get beat out at the position. For me personally, he's wearing the scarlet letter lol.
Petty? Maybe.


 

Well, the good news is that in today’s world, if you are in the minority, you are the majority!

I have my reservations as well, but best man wins. I’m guessing that is Gabriel to start. If Dante can beat him out, then better for the Ducks ‘cause Gabriel is pretty good. If he doesn’t, we will see if he had any character growth from jumping ship, then getting benched. Much too early to tell.

Lanning may sound like a nice guy in his pressers, but I don’t think he suffers fools.

Last edited by DurangoDuck (12/19/2023 2:00 pm)

 

Board footera